The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Youth Engagement Specialist
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Report to (Supervisor): Project Director
- The Youth Engagement Specialist is responsible for developing and leading youth activities.
- The intent of this position is to represent the voice and needs of beneficiary youths.
- He/she will be developing programs for young people to facilitate their involvement in the planning and development of a system of care model, and to promote positive youth leadership.
- In collaboration with the project team, determine the most appropriate route for advisory recruitment including identification of potential beneficiary youth.
- Ensure youth-driven activities occur to increase engagement in the system of care development.
- Work as a team with the program and the community to integrate the approach and effort in promoting the goals and objectives of the GIZ-MDYR project.
- Establish and maintain consistent, close relationships with other youth-serving community agencies and organizations and behavioral health providers for referral, early intervention response, and networking purposes.
- Attend local project meetings and training, as needed, to promote the Circles of Care program.
- Assist in the preparation, maintenance, and acquisition of relevant documentation, files, and records, ensuring rigorous protection of beneficiary information.
- Assist in the development and distribution of educational and informational materials to increase the awareness of the beneficiary youths and host community.
- Participate in the organization of the quality Improvement Programs through incident reporting and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the Project Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public or Business administration, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in designing and implementing community-level livelihood activities, protection, or community engagement programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity, and flexibility.
- Previous work experience with an INGO is a plus.
- Computer skills, especially office packages and outlook.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and local Hausa Language (required).
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AIDIs – AUN salary scale.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters, and References on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position being applied for as the subject of the email.
Click here for more Information
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng.