The Rivers State Civil Service Commission (RSCS) is the body of professional civil servants entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out the policies of the Rivers State government in relation to infrastructural development and social service delivery. Certain core values exist within the civil service which all civil servants are expected to share and uphold. These core values are integrity, meritocracy, discipline, professionalism, patriotism, impartiality and secrecy of government information, except where the information divulged conforms with the Freedom of Information Act (FoI). The body is led by the Head of Service (HOS), a member of the executive council, who is the most senior administrative official within the civil service of Rivers State. The civil servants are found mainly in the ministries and parastatals, where they perform their duties, progressing based on qualifications and seniority. The ministries are managed by Permanent Secretaries who report to Commissioners in the executive council.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Youth Development Officer
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications applicable to the position applied for
- Applicants should be within the ages of 18 and 50 years.
- Salaries would be based on the approved Consolidated Medical Salary Structure (CONMESS), Consolidated Health Salary Structure (CONHESS) and Consolidated Public Salary Structure (CONPSS) as applicabie in the Rivers State Civil Service.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit hand written Applications and Details of Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of the following:
- First School Leaving Certificate
- West African School Certificate or Equivalent
- University Degree and other Professional Certificates/Evidence of current Professional Licence, if applicable
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge or Exemption certificate
- Local Government Identification
- Birth Certificate or Affidavit of Age Declaration
All Applications (except for positions in 55 to 60) should be addressed and sent to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Rivers State Civil Service Commission,
State Secretariat Complex,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
Candidates for the positions on 55 – 60 should submit their Applications to the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of their choice.