The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Women’s Football Director
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to contribute to restore CAF’s reputation and elevate the organization to the highest international standards. CAF is looking to recruit a Women’s football Director.
- Oversee the implementation and evolution of CAF’s women’s football strategy with monitoring progress and reporting to the CAF Executive Committee.
- Lead, drive and optimize the strategic development of women’s football in various aspects such as participation growth, high performance, competitions, club and league development, coach education, commercialization, regulatory framework and governance, social impact, professionalization, and leadership.
- Intensely collaborate with the competition’s division as well as other relevant CAF divisions.
- Manage the support to Member Associations and African regional organizations in coordination with FIFA.
- Develop new concepts and create effective and efficient programmes.
- Set up the women’s football division and manage the team.
- Drive cooperation and partnerships with internal and external parties to benefit the growth of women’s football.
- Oversee the creation of an African women’s football data hub.
- Contribute to CAF’s overall strategic objectives and transformation.
- Master’s Degree in relevant discipline.
- 10 years+ of experience in various capacities in international organisations, ideally in football administration and development.
- In depth knowledge of the women’s football ecosystem, regulatory framework, and development mechanisms.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); fluency in another official CAF language (French or Arabic) is an asset.
- Experience with governmental and/or business partners as well as with non-governmental organisations.
- Playing, coaching and/or refereeing experience an asset.
- Analytical skills.
- Proactive hands-on mentality.
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity.
- Team player with outstanding communicational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- The position will be based at CAF headquarters in Cairo (Egypt). Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will be considered, regardless of gender, age, and nationality.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter, CV, Diplomas, and references in English or French to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.