Kuda is an app-based, full-service digital bank. Our goal is to serve as the go-to bank for all members of the African diaspora, whether they reside on the African continent or elsewhere in the world. Kuda excels at assisting users with budgeting, frugal spending, and increased savings. It is free of obscene banking fees. We completed a Series A investment round in February 2021, headed by some of the world’s most astute venture capital investors, and raised the largest seed amount ever seen in Africa. Kuda is quickly emerging as the top “Neobank” for Africans, with offices in Lagos, Cape Town, London (our HQ), and other cities throughout the continent opening in 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web (React) Engineer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Job type: Full time
- We are in search of a QA Engineer to help us grow into a company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances.
- We are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
- Web Engineers are responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web applications for maximum efficiency and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other duties.
- Web Engineers are required to work in teams alongside Backend Engineers, Product Managers and UX Designers to ensure all elements of web application creations are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Write code to implement visual elements into various web applications
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Maintain web applications and implement any necessary additions or enhancements
- Identify and troubleshoot various web application issues and coding problems
- Collaborate with members of the team, including designers and back-end engineers, to consistently improve functionality and user-friendliness of web applications.
- A keen interest in UX and understanding of key design principle
- Proper understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux and Context API) and building reusable components for future use
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of SEO principles including web analytics and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications.
- Willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
- Good interpersonal skills.
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online