HRLeverage Africa – Our client, a prestigious TV Station based in Abuja is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Video Editor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Video Editor to the Head of Production is charged with the overall direction and coordination of video editing in accordance with TOS’s Broadcasting’s mission and goals.
- The incumbent will transform raw footage filmed in the studio into a polished final product for broadcast. Using computer technology, TV editors mix video footage with music, sound effects, and audio and special effects.
- They are responsible for the majority of the post-production process, and their editorial decisions determine how the story is told, ultimately molding the audience’s experience.
- TV editors may work with footage for scripted TV shows, television documentaries, news programs, music videos, professional training videos, or advertisements.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team needs and specifications.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes value and contribution to continuity.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- B.Sc. degree in Film Studies, Cinematography or related field.
- Proven work experience as a TV Video Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
Application Closing Date
18th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Abuja@HRLeverageafrica.com using “Video Editor” as the subject of the mail.