Mastercard is a multinational technology business that operates the world’s swiftest network for processing payments. We serve as a hub for technological innovation, a platform for trade, a connection to financial systems for those who were previously excluded, and the location of Priceless®. We guarantee that each employee has the opportunity to contribute and be a part of something greater. We believe that while we grow, you ought to grow as well. Everyone ought to have access to a wide range of priceless chances, in our opinion.
Recruitment is currently ongoing to fill the following position:
Job Title: Vice President, Account Management
Requisition ID: R-159664
Employment Type: Full Time
- The job holder will carry out responsibilities detailed below in the assigned location within West Africa markets.
- Develop sales pipeline leveraging all available resources in coordination with the product development and account management teams
- Work with Customer Account Managers and Country Managers to identify opportunities to sell new products to existing customers
- Participate in high-level, interactive conversations with key decision makers around new or emerging product opportunities
- Analyze customers’ existing business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis and recommend opportunities for additional revenue
- Develop long-term growth strategies to optimize mutual profitability across debit and credit business lines
- Work with virtual team of MC subject matter experts to strategically articulate value propositions to close new business opportunities
- Develop financial modeling and business cases for identified opportunities
- Execute and manage the customer contract agreement process, ensuring global linkage of resources and information sharing
- Be the responsible “face of MasterCard” to the prospect/customer through high level interactions with key stakeholders such as senior bank executives, country regulatory contacts, representatives of marketing and card vendors as well as third party processing companies.
- This individual is the ‘Go To’ person for Business Development across the assigned location within West Africa ensuring alignment between the location’s ‘go-to-market’ approaches and the overall MEA Business Development strategy, taking into account the region’s longer term strategic initiatives.
- Establish new partner / vendor/ enabler / joint venture integration with capabilities to sustain MasterCard’s competitive advantage and tracking performance against key objectives.
- This individual will have responsibility for establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with Issuers, vendors, the banking industry and the regulators across the assigned location.
- Fundamental to accelerating the development of the business in the allocated location, is a backbone of strong issuance strategy in partnership with key Banks. The individual will be responsible for developing a dedicated Issuance plan and strategy across the assigned location.
- In addition, the successful candidate must have a sound knowledge of the payments industry P&L and how to maximize revenue through an effective issuance strategy.
- The individual will support in the development of the allocated location’s Interchange strategies, in collaboration with all regional cross functional teams.
- The successful candidate will be required to support in the assigned location’s Regulatory dialogue and support Country Management, on all matters relating to national and regional interests.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years experience in the financial services and payments business
- Deep business development and marketing experience
- Strong project management, problem solving, analytical and organizational experience
- Experience in merchant acquiring, retailing and / or corporate transactional banking will be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment across multiple geographic locations
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, extensive experience in communicating in international environment at senior management level
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Exceptional business judgment and strategic planning skills
- Business Case development, including financial analytics
- Budget preparation and management
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Solid solution development skills and effective working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong client management skills
- Strong teamwork skills.
Key Competencies Sought:
- Business Acumen
- Knowledge leadership
- Finance and planning
- Solution drive
- Results orientation
- Strong Analytical ability.
- Influence; assertiveness; initiative
- Autonomy; independence; accountable and responsibly
- Quantitative, qualitative and analytical insight
- Commitment; passion and energy.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online