Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: User Experience Specialist
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Group Marketing & Corporate Communications
- Responsible for delivering outstanding user experience and providing an exceptional and intuitive digital product design.
- Crafting and Implementing research systems and leading the User Research Team in taking the business vision from conception to completion and delivery
- You will be a trusted advisor on the mobile experience they will provide to the customers.
- Working with some of the brightest, most talented designers around- you will learn something new daily and we will like to learn from you.
- Crafting research plans and discussion guides, conducting end-user interviews, synthesizing and analyzing research feedback, and developing lean documentation to keep your team focused on the user.
- The ideal candidate should: be excited and passionate about immersing yourself in the customer’s environment and searching out new opportunities to improve their experience; be able to speak to the value of research and “sell” stakeholders on a comprehensive research plan; be skilled at creating discussion guides and leading open-ended, contextual conversations to help generate answers to key questions as well as discover what the team didn’t know they didn’t know.
- Have experience crafting and leading UX research using both qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis testing (remote and in-person), ride-alongs, journey mapping, card sorting, prototyping, user interviews, usability testing, persona development – and know how/when to advocate for different methods.
- Demonstrate proven ability to collaborate with designers to realize human-centered designs based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals.
- Passionate about uncovering pain points and delights in a digital interface, as well as helping to solve difficult user experience problems based on your research.
- Be able to effectively articulate issues and concerns to team members and clients as well as work to strategize potential solutions
- Have a passion for FinTech, IoT, or other emerging tech enterprise verticals
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science / Human Computer Interaction or any related field
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience in visual design, multimedia production and product design.
- Strategic Design thinking.
- Proficiency in use of modern research tools.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online