University of Calabar Recruitment 2020/2021 for Director of Works. The University of Calabar came into being on the strength of Decree No. 80 of 1979. Starting academic work in 1975, the University has the object of encouraging the advancement of learning and holding out to all persons without distinction to race, creed, sex, political or religious affiliation, the opportunity of acquiring a higher and liberal education. The University seeks to promote courses of Instruction and other facilities for the pursuit of learning mall its branches and to make those facilities available on appropriate terms to such persons that are equipped to benefit from them.
The University of Calabar will continue to encourage and promote scholarship and conduct research in all fields of learning and all human endeavours relating to its activities to the social, cultural and economic needs of the people of Nigeria and to undertake other activities which are appropriate for a University of the highest standard.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant in the the University of Calabar:
Job Title: Director of Works
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- A candidate must possess a good Honours Degree (B.Sc) not below Second Class Lower (22) or HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Civil / Building Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic and must be a registered member of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) or Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORBON) or any other relevant professional body.
- Such a candidate must have a valid Practicing License and should show considerable degree of competence for the running of the Department.
- In addition, applicant must have a minimum of Twelve (12) years post-graduation experience.
- Candidate must have served in the position of Deputy Director of Works, or similar position with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience on that post.
The salary attached to this post is CONTISS 15.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 15 copies of typewritten applications with copies of certificates obtained. They will attach together with 15 copies of up-to-date Curriculum Vitae giving the following details:
- Full name with surname first,
- Date and place of birth,
- Permanent home address,
- Current postal address,
- Educational institutions attended with dates and qualifications obtained
- Present position / rank,
- Extra – curricular activities,
- Names and address of three referees.
All applications and referees report should be addressed and sent to:
University of Calabar Calabar
Calabar – Cross River State.