King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Uburu, Ohaozara LGA, Ebonyi State is designed as an ultra-modern 21st century state-of-the-art International Medical Sciences University. The University’s central goal is for specialized manpower development in the most conducive environment in all aspects of medical specialties with the highest form of professionalism, ethics and excellence.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Bursar
Location: Uburu, Ebonyi
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University. He/she must have the competence to provide the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all financial transactions of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good Honours Degree and Masters Degree in Accounting, Economics, Financial Management or any other related field or related subjects from a recognized University.
- Must be a qualified member of a professional body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, CIMA, CPA.
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten (10) years of which must be unbroken service in the University system.
- Must have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar, or its equivalent in a University.
- Must not be above 55 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting / auditing packages and software.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or evidence of Exemption.
- Must be physically and emotionally stable and be free from financial embarrassment
Salary / Condition of Service
The appointment is for one year contract, while salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Bursars of Nigerian Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of King David University of Medical Sciences, Uburu.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Previous employment(s), position(s), Date(s)
- Details of Administrative Experience (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Position of University Bursar” to:
The Acting Vice-Chancellor,
King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS),
Uburu, Ohaozara LGA,
- Candidate must provide a Vision Statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his/her tenure with particular reference to the administration of the University.
Note: Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover; directly to the Vice-Chancellor.