The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Female Internship Programme (Intern / Gender)
Requisition ID: 147671
Duration: 8 months
- WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
- The selection of interns is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
- The purpose of this female internship programme is to build WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements.
- The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability though providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Participate and support in the implementation of the country office gender transformation programme activities and events including al meetings, forums, as needed, to support proper documentation
- Support the CO’s engagement with the other UN agencies
- Support the development and dissemination of knowledge products
- Prepare briefing notes, talking points, and reports as required.
- Other as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Master’s Degree or First University Degree (completed or in-process) in Gender Studies, International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition / Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, or other field relevant to international development assistance.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language.
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- Must be a female
Terms and Conditions
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.