The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority is a Nigerian establishment which manages the Nigeria sovereign wealth fund, into which the surplus income produced from Nigeria’s excess oil reserves is deposited. This sovereign wealth fund was founded for the purpose of managing and investing these funds on behalf of the government of Nigeria. The wealth fund commenced operations in October 2012 and was set up by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority Act, which was signed in May 2011. It is intended to invest the savings gained on the difference between the budgeted and actual market prices for oil to earn returns that would benefit future generations of Nigerians.
We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Treasury and Strategic Planning Manager
Reference Number: NS20 / 3005
- Reporting to the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate wl assess, organise and manage the efficient utilization of the Authority’s funds to maintain the institution’s liquidity, manage overall cost of funds, support fund raising, and mitigate operational and financial risk.
- This Officer will lead; financial planning, business forecasting and drive strategic analysis around key business initiatives.
- Responsible for the setup of a robust treasury function
- Support strategic business planning process of the Authority.
- Partner with the various teams to formulate and appraise appropriate strategies for their respective areas and support delivery of the overall business strategy and long-range plans
- Conduct financial analysis and business case development to support the corporate strategy on an ongoing basis
- Perform scenario modelling for multiple initiatives and layering this into financial planning
- Support fund growth through scenario planning and analysis of business opportunities
- Develop models for potential changes to capitol structure and support acquisition and divestiture planning.
- Ensure forecast accuracy by reviewing short-term and long-term trends tar the Authority’s investing products
- Monitor economic and market trends, anticipates potential impact on the Authority’s financial soundness and proactively recommends appropriate strategies to ensure the achievement of medium and long-term financial targets
- Develop and implement strategies for capital & fund structure to support acquisition, divestment, and other shareholding arrangements.
- Coordinate the capital deployment review process of the Authority.
- Manages risk exposure in relation to the Authority’s investment and financing arrangements
- Administer foreign exchange risk management and develops foreign exchange risk mitigation strategies
- Oversee working capital funding and management
- Utilise cash forecasting and budgeting tools to assist management in short and long-term strategic planning
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that afford an adequate level of control over treasury activities
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance
- MBA /Masters in finance related field is desired
- A minimum of 10 years cognate experience, must have spent at least 5 years running a sizeable treasury function
- Extensive experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses
- Experience in the preparation of financial schedules
- Experience in building complex financial models to evaluate various financial plans
- Extensive experience in strategy planning
- Extensive experience in Assets and Liability Management
- Extensive fund-raising experience
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy and financial instruments
- Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation, networking and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and came to rational and well-thought out conclusions
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: firstname.lastname@example.org please quote the role and appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position on offer.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.