Action Energy, a company that operates in the downstream sector of the oil industry in Nigeria, with its head office in Abuja, is desirous of employing a team of young, vibrant and ambitious professionals who shall drive the vision of the company to fruition and build an enviable career in the industry.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Transport Officer
- This department shall deal with all matters relating to drivers and their welfare, vehicle management and maintenance.
- Ensure availability of trucks for optimal use
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports of all activities in the transport section as required
- To ensure appropriate maintenance and management of all heavy-duty trucks
- Conduct routine inspection on all trucks to ascertain their state and working condition
- Ensure timely and adequate repair and maintenance of all trucks by the maintenance team.
- Actively work with the maintenance manager towards the formulation and implementation of maintenance department related Standard Operating Procedures.
- Enforcement of emission and safety related norms of vehicles
- Road safety issues with special emphasis on safety of vehicles.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- At least 6 years work experience in the Transport and Oil and Gas sector,
- Strong attention to details
- Leadership and negotiation skills
- Proactive and positive working attitude
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to Engage and Motivate Others
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must not be less than 40 years.
Application Closing Date
COB 11th December, 2020.
Important Information / Notice
- Applications should be accompanied with 300-word essay on the strategy the applicant intends to apply to achieve departmental success while aligning with organizational goals.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.