SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Torque Operator – M / F
Location: Nigeria (Offshore)
Contractual hours: Full time
- For a pre shutdown project SPIE NIGERIA is actively looking for the Torque Operator
- Tensioning and torquing
- Recognize and rectify the faults with torque or tensioning equipment.
- Identify defects, distortion and surface irregularities on flange sealing faces and threads.
- Correct selection and assembly joint components.
- Selection and correct installation of hydraulic torque or tensioning equipment.
- Correct application of various tightening techniques.
- Carrying out specified tightening sequence and subsequent tightening passes to ensure axial alignment and squareness of the joint assembly.
- Carrying out joint breakout safely and correctly.
- Carrying bolt ‘break loose’ tests (check passes) to check integrity of assembled tensioned assembly.
- Extensive experience in Oil & Gas
- Extensive experience in shutdown project is mandatory
- Extensive experience working as a Torquing / Bolting Coordinator
Minimum level of experience required:
- 10 years or more
Check Offshore certificates:
- Confined space entry
- English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. This position is opened to people with disabilities