PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Territory Sales Manager
Job Requisition ID: JR000374
Why does the job exist?
- Work with the Dealers/ sales team to deliver agreed business objectives within assigned territory.
- Zonal Managers / Key Accounts Manager/ Regional Commercial Manager
- Return on Investment
- Customer Satisfaction
- Turn Around Time
- Strategic Alliances with different institutions.
- The key outputs of the job
- List in priority order if possible, typically 8 – 10
- NOT a task list
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome
- Achieve agreed business objectives/KPIs for the territory (Sell in, sell out, Focus Category, NPD listing and promotions)
- Achieve sales drivers’ objectives for the territory viz (Distribution, Visibility, Price and Promotion)
- Managing territories with potential to deliver a minimum of 1B per annum
- Plan to deliver customer based and territory based agreed sales (NIV and Category) targets periodically and ensuring a MoM and YoY growth
- Analyse and review distributors’ performance against agreed KPIs
- Work with the ZM to develop JBP of customers in assigned territory
- Ensure bi-weekly stock taking in other to protect company resources
- Tracking of distributor performance payments (including posting and matching), monthly account reconciliation/signing off, repayment plans linked to capability development
- Ensure collection of outstanding debt within stipulated time frame and accompanying same with sell-in of depleted SKUs
- Adherence to monthly journey plan for customers’ contact and engagement
- Ensure compliance to retail operating standards in all showrooms
- Organize and coordinate activities of floor sales merchandizers
- Implement strict credit control for Key distributors and ensure purchases are done within approved credit limit
- Accountable for POS materials and other sales driving materials deployed to territory through monitoring to ensure safe keeping and optimal use
Key Performance Indicators:
- Target vs. Actual monthly/yearly performance (sell-out,e, KPIs Timely and quality of execution of trade and marketing
- Activities in assigned territory)
- Implementation of Territory Coverage Strategy Achievement of Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price/promotion targets.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g., finance, category
- Zonal Managers
- Marketing/Sales/Channel/Supply Chain/Finance/HR team
- PZ Marketing & Sales network.
- First Degree in any discipline
- Computer Literacy.
Experiences: (What experience brings success to this role)
- 1 – 2 years experience in marketing or sales, and over this period has successfully delivered on KPIs.
- Direct experience of PZ Cussons Way of selling capabilities with a focus on Sales Driver execution at the point of purchase (QDVP), Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships including structured call, persuasive selling and brand passion.
- Experience in an electrical related company is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- List any qualifications required to do the job
- Be specific about the experience needed
- Focus on type of experience not the time served
Knowledge: (What does the person need to know)
- Good knowledge of business objectives and priorities.
- Experienced driver with valid license
- Knowledge of Field Sales Management and Market Intelligence.
- PZ Cussons Leadership competencies- BEST values.
Functional or Technical / Business Skills: (What can the holder do)
- Commercial Acumen: Emerging
- Customer Management: Emerging
- Negotiation Skills: Emerging
- In Market Execution: Emerging
- Selling Skills: Emerging
- Sales Drivers: Emerging
- Channel Strategy: Emerging
- Communication/Interpersonal skills: Developed
- IT Skills: Developed.
Job Context & Special Features:
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Detail any language or mobility requirements.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidate must be willing to work in the Lagos region of Nigeria.