United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Regulatory Liaison
Locations: Benin – Edo, Enugu, Port Harcourt – Rivers and Lagos
Employment Type: Permanent
- To assist the GCCO in ensuring prompt response to regulatory issues.
- Ensure prompt rendition of regulatory reports
- Zero regulatory sanctions
- Identify the relevant role players in accordance with business requirements and dependencies.
- Build a cordial relationship with Law Enforcement Officers.
- Compile a database of major role players among the agencies.
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements within the allocated time frames.
- Ensure to keep a proper record of enquiries from Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Ensure that required information is collated and reviewed to be satisfactory.
- Transmit such information and documents to the respective LEA.
- Guide staff in honouring LEA invitations and giving evidence on behalf of the bank in courts.
- Obtain and collate reports and inputs from the various other departments and Units.
- Review data/inputs obtained from other departments and units.
- Ensure that the various reports are prepared and that they meet standards.
- Ensure that the reports are transmitted to the respective regulators.
- Ensure that the TAT is met in rendition of these reports.
- Identify such risks posed by high-risk customers in their KYC documentation and other requirements.
- Ensure that complete documentation expected from the customers is obtained for high-risk customers.
- Ensure that PEP customers are identified and rated high.
- Participate in training staff within the group.
- Ensure that staff abide by Group Policies and relevant laws as applicable.
- Carry out enhanced due diligence on high-risk and high-profile accounts.
- Investigate and clear transactions identified against specified watch lists.
- Ensure that due diligence is conducted on transfers to high-risk countries.
- Assist in the management of Compliance Helpdesk.
- Render advisory support to staff through Compliance Helpdesk.
- Provide support to Cluster Compliance Officers.
- Assist in the automation of Compliance Process Application.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in operations, internal control or audit & compliance, external auditing, risk management
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of regulatory Liaison Mgt, strong knowledge of CBN policies and interpretation of Policies & law. Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of Regulatory Liaison Management.
- Deep knowledge of the Bank’s Products, Services and Processes
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Strong human interpersonal relationship and communications skills.
- Good interpretation of policies and laws.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online