United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Insurance
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
- Bank-wide insurance coverage of all bank assets insurable risks at optimal cost.
- Prompt processing of insured risks claims.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Reviewing and updating Corporate Insurance Policies to reflect best practices & reduce cost.
- Placing on cover (through the broker) of all assets and insurable risks.
- Ensure all vehicles under the bank’s sinking fund scheme are promptly placed on 3rd party cover with the underwriters
Insurance Claim Processing:
- Ensure all insured loss incidents are reported promptly to the underwriters through our brokers.
- Ensure all documents required for successful insurance claims are obtained from relevant business offices and head office departments, reviewed and forwarded promptly to the lead underwriter through the insurance broker.
- Maintenance of insurance claims log – losses reported, claims pending full documentation, claims pending offer and discharged claims awaiting settlement by underwriters.
- Liaise with brokers/ business offices/ head office departments to ensure loss adjusters receive the required cooperation and documents promptly.
- Ensure outstanding offers and cheques are received promptly by ensuring broker follows up vigorously with the underwriters.
- Monthly Reconciliation / Proofing of insurance GLs including reconciliation of sinking fund records with statements from the fund manager.
- Processing of claims made under the Insurance sinking fund scheme (TAT is 5 days) Maintenance of quality filling system and record keeping.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- First degree in any related field.
- Possession of relevant masters degree / Professional certification will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online