United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Credit Audit
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- To provide an independent assessment of the Credit Risk Management process of the bank with the aim of ascertaining and reporting on the extent of compliance with; the credit philosophy, credit planning process, credit approval and management system, responsibility and disciplinary processes.
- Also ascertaining and reporting on the extent of compliance of the bank’s credit risk management philosophies and strategies with international best practices and with relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Prepare a yearly audit plan for branches in the zone.
- Take part in the assessment and expression of opinion on the adequacy of controls.
- Take part in the assessment and evaluation of the operational process.
- Conduct a full audit for various business offices within the area of coverage.
- Conduct spot checks on high and medium rated business offices.
- Conduct periodic cash audit on vaults and ATMs.
- Take part in the rating and assessment and assign audit ratings to the auditee.
- Highlight pervasive audit issues that portend dangers for losses.
- Recommend improvements, in the course of the audit, for business and operational processes with the overall objective to improve timeliness, accuracy, reliability and quality standards in products and services.
- Conduct Policy Awareness, Fraud Assessment and Sensitivity in-office visits to further drive fraud reduction.
- To drive/encourage staff positive behaviours in the noted areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Lead.
- To also work with the subsidiaries as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, and any related field.
- Professional qualifications e.g. ACA, ACCA, ACIB will be an advantage.
- 3 – 5 years in audit or related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have good knowledge of auditing in the financial service industry.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, pay attention to details, and good communication skills.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Average to good knowledge of credit analysis.
- Have a sound knowledge of the bank’s credit policy, systems and products.
- Sound knowledge of Banking Operations and Internal Controls.
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment.
- Critical thinking.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite Skills.
- Good communication skills (Oral & Written).
- Good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online