United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Corporate Finance Ratings
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- Support the Head Financial Planning in driving capital, funding, and other strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate the yearly rating exercise with various stakeholders.
- Liaise with the bank’s rating agencies to ensure prompt closure of outstanding requests.
- Engage with GFI team to ensure all outstanding financial information request from lenders are promptly attended to.
- Periodic review of the Bank and Group’s financial ratios to ensure compliance with various financial covenants with 3rd parties and verify that there is no breach.
- Perform monthly review of the balance sheet across entities with a view to driving increases in earning assets and reduction in non-earning assets.
- Undertake price-volume analysis of assets and liabilities across Group entities and recommend optimal mix.
- Support the Team Lead Balance Sheet Management in the preparation of ALCO, GALCO, and other required reports.
- First Degree in Accounting or any Social Science
- Professional qualification- ICAN/ACCA or CFA
- 4-8 years related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have an understanding of the macroeconomic environment and its impact on the banking industry, good knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, pay attention to details, have good communication skills (Written & Oral), good understanding of accounting principles.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- An understanding of the macroeconomic environment and its impact on the banking industry
- Knowledge of financial markets.
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures
- Accounting principles
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Accounting Policies and Standards
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online