United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Channel Solutions
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Marketing, Product Management, Sales
Seniority Level: Associate
Interested in joining the UBA Tribe? We are currently sourcing individuals with at least 2 years experience in Banking. Our ideal candidates should also demonstrate;
- Basic banking operations, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Product Deployment Processes including regulatory requirements
- Good Digital Banking and Payments product knowledge
- Wide knowledge of Market Practices and Transaction Banking dynamics across the geographies under coverage
- Good understanding of emerging Financial technology trends and use cases
- Deep understanding of the Technology Stack that drives Channels Business.
Develop and expand the transaction banking business for United Bank for Africa. Increase revenue from a broad client base of UBA Nigeria and ROA by delivering a suite of Channel products and services. These include:
- Internet Banking
- Instant Bills
- Trade Portal
Duties & Responsibilities
- Channel roll out across Nigeria and ROA markets.
- Drive prioritization of new development / client specific asks.
- Drive and monitor Channel performance by tracking Channel P&L, electronic conversion/ penetration, utilisation and cross sell
- Actively promote strategic ERP integration (SAP, Oracle & SWIFTnet) to drive client stickiness
- Drive and Monitor channel utilization (e-ratio), penetration and reduce dormancy for the respective markets
- Identify opportunities to develop channel functionality of value add to clients – including requirement gathering, business case creation, prioritization, execution & commercialization
- Manage channel releases and commercialization via reviewing of functional specification, support and participation in testing and conduct training
- Joint responsibility with Sales for developing, improving and leveraging senior client contacts within key local accounts with a primary focus on Transaction Banking products with a view to expand cross-sell
- Understand the needs of customers and prospects, and implement structures and solutions to meet these needs
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
- First Degree in any relevant course of study with a minimum qualification of Second Class Lower.
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Customer service orientation
- Strategic thinking
- Communication skills(written and oral)
- Cost management
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.