Cordros Capital Limited is a leading financial services group in African markets with a reputation for wealth creation. We are licensed as Brokers/Dealers and Issuing House by the Securities & Exchange Commission and the Nigerian Stock Exchange. Cordros offers a broad range of services to a diversified client base which includes private clients, small businesses, financial institutions, corporations and governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Retail and Institutional Sales (Insurance Brokerage)
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
- The candidate is expected to be a strategist with the immense ability to steer the company towards a path of profitability, while implementing its vision, mission, and long-term goals.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing all marketing activities of the company.
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to management and members of the board, to keep them aware of developments within the company and industry.
- Ensuring that the appropriate policies are developed and implemented to meet the company’s mission and objectives while complying with all relevant statutory regulations.
- Developing and implementing the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the management and board of directors.
- Establishing and maintaining effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Overseeing the company’s investments and other business ventures.
- Maintaining business profitability and ensuring compliance with all regulatory directives and NAICOM guidelines.
- Delegating responsibilities and supervise the work of other executives while providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Developing and maintaining research and development programs to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and services and retains its competitive edge.
- Preparing and monitoring the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximized and that fixed costs are minimized.
- Representing the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts, to secure for it the most effective contractual terms.
- To drive the sales activities of the business to achieve its financial budget
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance, Actuarial Science, accounting, marketing or any relevant course
- Membership with the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) will be considered strongly
- An MBA or any other relevant professional certification in insurance is an added advantage
- Minimum of ten years work experience in the insurance Industry.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop strategic and business plans
- Must have an appreciable knowledge of corporate governance and best management practices
- Must possess outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities and also possess high level strategic thinking and networking capabilities
- Proficiency in the use of modern day technology-based service delivery tools.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online