Konga.com is Nigeria’s largest online mall. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of commerce and trade in Africa. We serve a retail customer base that continues to grow exponentially, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, healthcare, Baby Products, personal care and much more.
Our range of services are designed to ensure optimum levels of convenience and customer satisfaction with the retail process; these services include our lowest price guarantee, 7-day free return policy*, order delivery-tracking, dedicated customer service support and many other premium services. As we continue to expand the mall, our scope of offerings will increase in variety, simplicity and convenience; join us and enjoy the increasing benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Projects
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- The Team Lead, Projects will be responsible for coordinating award-to-deployment activities for projects, in line with standard deployment process and project management principles.
- The TL will also manage customers/stakeholders expectation by proactively notifying them about project issues and their overall impact on schedule & expected delivery dates.
- The role will involve routine visits/spot checks at project sites to ensure on-site challenges are resolved in a timely manner, while meeting scope, quality and project delivery dates.
- Effective Project Deployment Coordination
- Assign projects to project supervisors, within 4hrs of award, taking note of supervisors work load, excellent knowledge of project area & experience. Head, Deployment Team Lead, Projects Project Supervisors
- Ensure project design pack is reviewed, its objective + assumptions clearly understood by both project supervisor & contractor in order to avert scope creeps, delivery delays/failure & revenue loss.
- Ensure project work plan and notification letters are ready within 48hrs of project award.
- Ensure project supervisor + Contractor holds project kick-off meeting with Estate/Facility management within 72hrs of award. And work plan/ notification letters shared with EM/FM and/or High Street residents thereafter.
- Drive the use of work collaboration tools e.g. whatsapp chats, emails, live sheets, CUG calls, data sheets, e.t.c to effectively drive project activities.
- Ensure contractor submits invoice to finance within 48hrs of award. Initiate and track payment requests.
- Ensure quick approval of store requests, variation requests and community fee payments.
- Accurate & Consistent Reporting of Project Status
- Share daily project activity outcomes with project stakeholders via the project live sheet and/or emails.
- Share weekly project status summary report to stakeholders, showing results, challenges, reason for missed delivery dates and realistic revised dates.
- Generate performance data showing accurate measure of TATs (Turnaround Times) of:
- Award-to-PO issuance
- Payment request-to-fulfillment
- Access issue escalation-to-resolution
- Purchase request-tofulfillment
- variation request-to-approval, e.t.c.
- Submit monthly performance data showing project score cards in sheets & graphs.
- Use operational data to preempt project delays and fix process/activity bottlenecks.
- Proactive Control of Project Risk & Issues.
- Keep a list of anticipated project risks (risk register) and execute deliberate actions to avert them.
- Keep a live sheet of project material list, their availability in store and consumption rate. Use this data to trigger advance-warning of material stock-out, way ahead of reorder cycle.
- Keep a list of cabinet resource issues that may delay the integration of new MST/P2P circuitsto the network, right from the project award. Share list with maintenance unit and drive action until timely resolution.
- Quickly escalate variation request and track until approval.
- Routinely visit project sites to enforce work method, work rate, quality, & scope.
- Actively engage Estate/Facility management to avert project complaints/escalations.
- Quality Assurance and Scope Control
- Ensure that project supervisor and contractor have an excellent understanding of project objectives, assumptions and risks.
- Ensure work plan contains details about work method, quality & scope compliance.
- Validate, approve & qualify variation request.
- Ensure variation does not exceed cost limits.
- Ensure pre-installation site reviews are done for each project.
- Ensure physical measurements are done on site before signing out of cables and MSTs to avert variation.
- Ensure milestones checks/tests are done and reported upon completion of duct works & hand-hole/Pole works, respectively.
- Ensure hand-over tests and reports are done & passed upon project completion.
- Documentation, Test and Completion Reports Compliance
- Ensure all network element is properly tagged/labeled on-site. Labels must align with SRS, design & as-built drawings.
- Verify, store & share all acceptance test documents within 48hrs of project completion (e.g splice report sheet, OTDR trace, as-built drawing, and milestone/hand-over test reports).
- Ensure all completion reports are processed & stored within 5 days of project completion (e.g. JCCs, audit reports, e.t.c.)
- Ensure uniformity of MST numbering on design drawing, splice reports and as-built drawings.
- Ensure final payment request is made and track it to fulfillment.
- Continually leverage on business processes, data analytics and automation to drive project coordination & data/report gathering.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills: Academic
- Candidates should possess a Degree or HND in Telecoms, Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Project Management Certification required. Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CFOT or FOA will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years working in the telecommunications industry, with experience in fiber network deployment
- FTTH and P2P fiber maintenance experience i.e. ability to splice and terminate fiber using splice machines, test, analyze & resolve fiber link issues using OTDR, Light Source/Power Meters (LSPM) & VFL, properly identify fiber cores by colour & codes.
- Good experience working in organizations with integrated OSS/BSS applications.
- Proven track record of leading field teams to successfully deliver fibre projects (FTTH/P2P) in Estates/MTU, within city high streets and on major highways.
- Sound knowledge of telecom industry best practices, norms, technical requirements & documentation for fiber projects (FTTH & P2P).
- An inherent culture of network documentation (as-build drawing, OTDR test, splice report sheets, e.t.c.)
- Familiar with HSE standards and practices, including Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) skills.
- Excellent quality assurance & cost management skills.
- Proficient use of design soft wares e.g. AutoCAD, Visio, GIS tools e.t.c.
- Proficient use of data analytics software, e.g. Excel, Word, Google live sheets.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral).
- Ability to solve complex problems in record time using honed analytical skills.
- Capacity to provide adequate leadership to project supervisors & contractor teams.
- Have a result-focused team with bias for meeting project delivery targets, over and above a fixation on activities.
- Have a strong culture of effective planning with end-to-end view/understanding of project objectives, assumptions and risks.
- Tech & automation savvy.
- Have a strong bias for innovation & systems-thinking.
- Display customer centricity in response to requests, project delivery speed, team and stakeholder engagement.
- Bias for Action
- Result Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Highly innovative
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self development
- Nimble Learning
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.