FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Loan Collection
Job Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a competent Team Lead for Loan Collection to support the team achieve their target of contacting clients and collect outstanding payments.
- You will strike a balance between maintaining trustful relationships, and ensuring timely payments.
- You should exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness.
- You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as an ability to guide and lead a team of Collectors.
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Investigate historical data for each debt or bill
- Find and contact clients to ask about their overdue payments
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
- Process payments and refunds
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues
- Update account status records and collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status.
- Highly intellectual (at least a 2:2 or its equivalent)
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques (e.g. skip tracing)
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection (e.g. FDCPA)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Intermediate level user) and ability to query databases (SQL), is a huge advantage
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Skilled in negotiation
- Problem-solving skills.
- Must be a confirmed employee
- Must be among the top 10 performers at least 4 times, over the last 6 months
- Must have at least 2 years professional working experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online