KOICA Nigeria is looking to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Integrated Expert
Services/Work Description: Consultancy Service to conduct Pre-feasibility Study for Building Foundations towards Digital Governance in Nigeria
Duty Station: Abuja in Nigeria
Type of the Contract: 1 Consultant
Duration: 10 working days
Expected Start Date: 16th November 2020 – 27th November 2020
I. BACKGROUND / RATIONALE
The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) is a development aid agency of the government of the Republic of Korea in Nigeria. KOICA implements project across various sectors in Nigeria, such as governance, agriculture, vocational, health, education, among others.
From 2012 – 2019 KOICA implemented an e-government project in Nigeria in partnership with Federal Ministry of Communications. Among other component, the project produced an e-Government Master Plan for the Country, Capacity building for Government officials and an e-Government Training Center at Public Service Institute of Nigeria.
KOICA is now in considering a phase 2 of the project which overarching objective is to make government services seamless, integrated and secured, while reducing the cost of deployment of digital services. This will also ensure convenience for citizen in access government digital services.
Part of the project component been considered in the development of government enterprise architecture framework and development of a single window portal or mobile app in access government services. Specifically, there is currently an existing single window portal (www.services.gov.ng) which is not very functional. KOICA is considering onboarding G2C services o the portal or Mobile app as a single window for citizens to access government services.
As part of the project component, KOICA is considering onboarding 2-3 digital services on this portal or mobile app as a pilot. KOICA have an interest on digital services that is currently on high demand, such as drivers’ licenses, International passport, educational services etc.
In regards of the above scope of work, KOICA seek to carry out a detail Business Process Reengineering with two or three of the agencies handling the issuances of the above-named services.
To this end the organization seeks a consultant (individual or firm), to evaluate current systems, highlight existing gaps and design an efficient systems structure that will integrate with NIMC’s National Identity Database Management Systems (NIDMS).
II. OBJECTIVES OF THE SERVICE / WORK
The objective of this assignment is to check, analyze, and advise on the integration of the MDA’s digital services with NIMC’s National Identity Database Management Systems (NIDMS) and services.gov.ng as single window portal or Mobile App.
III. SCOPE OF THE SERVICE / WORK
In collaboration with KOICA, the Consultant (individual or firm) is expected to:
- Identify G2B and G2C services that can be integrated into the Government Service Portal (GSP) through document review and meetings with corresponding MDAs and propose an phased approach to the advancement of the GSP.
- Evaluate the current system status of the proposed agency, including but not limited to, the system operations, hardware, software, technology, databases, programing language, etc.
- Identify gaps in the current systems and the required infrastructure to mitigate gap
- Check the feasibility and requirement for integrating the current systems with NIMC’s NIDMS
- Check the feasibility and requirement for onboarding the services to services.gov.ng as an end to end one stop single window to the services including security issues such as electronic authentication and electronic signature.
- Develop implementation plan for the integration of the services.
- Develop proposed system architecture.
IV. EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
The Consultant will be directly supervised by the Country Director with the key Deliverables of the assignment as:
- Report on current system status of the proposed agency, including but not limited to, the system operations, hardware, software, technology, databases, programing language, etc.
- Report on the requirement for integration of the current systems with NIMC’s NIDMS and onboarding of the services to services.gov.ng as an end to end one stop single window to the services including.
- Advise on implementation strategy.
Detailed milestones and outputs can be finalized prior to signing contract.
The successful Consultant is required to meet the following criteria:
- Thorough knowledge in system integration, business process automation and project management.
- Experience working with Nigeria government agencies and donor organizations.
- Experience of monitoring & managing the ICT systems and infrastructure for an IT project including database management, SAN, network, firewall etc.
- Experience in evaluating business processes, portfolio management & information system needs for investments funds.
- Experience in collecting, structuring, and modelling business and systems requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of Information Systems, ICT Best Practices, and current application development methodologies.
- Master’s Degree in computer science or post graduate professional qualification in computer science or related field. In the case of a firm, at least one team member should have this qualification.
- Professional certification in Project Management, Networking, Severs, Data Centre Management, ICT Security Audit, Quality Management, or IT Service Management.
VI. PROPOSAL INSTRUCTIONS
Interested and qualified individual are invited to submit their proposal(s) comprising of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief Work Report (Attached)
VII. CONTRACT DURATION
The contract will be effective for a period 2 Weeks from the date of signing and subject to extension, on need basis.
VIII. Work Plan Report
Applicants should submit answers to the questions below with CV.
- Briefing explain your understanding of the assignment and what will be your delivery approach.
- Provide a checklist of items you will be checking, verifying, and analyzing in the course of your work.
- Have you developed, integrated, or architected government systems before? If yes, briefing explain your specific role, challenges, and experience.
- Have you developed, integrated, or architected systems for private organization before? If yes, briefing explain your specific role, challenges, and experience.
Application Closing Date
12th November, 2020
Method of Application
KOICA invites all qualified consultants to send a proposal regardless of their gender, religion, race, ethnicity, or disability. Proposals should be submitted (including CVs by 12th Nov 2020 , addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: Terms of Reference – IT System Integration Consultant.