Apply for latest Sustainability Manager Recruitment at Dangote Group as the company portal opens for interested and eligible candidates. Kindly scroll down to find the details of this vacancy.
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diverse corporate empires and has its operating headquarters in the thriving metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. The company is well known for its great business practices and high-quality products.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Sustainability Manager
Job ID: Los-Sust.Mgr.-02022023
Job type: Full time
Category: DCP – Sustainability
The role supports the Head of Sustainability in developing standards that embed sustainability and the integration of ESG for:
- Clear articulation of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) KPIs and targets.
- Collaboration with stakeholders for the communication of developments to the Head Sustainability.
- Continuous improvement through tracking, documentation and measurement of ESGKPI’s.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with diverse functions and Plant operations to execute sustainability performance enhancement goals and targets; and effectively monitor and measure progress.
- Set short, medium, and long-term sustainability targets for the company, including developing strategies for environmentally friendly products and services, social responsibility and compliance with relevant institutions and the government.
- Promote the organizations’ sustainability philosophy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan and execute on stakeholder engagement and materiality assessment initiatives and generate reports and response action plan as required.
- Coordinate development of sustainability report content and certification in accordance with reporting frameworks like Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), CDP etc.
- Manage the implementation of Sustainability campaigns and ESG initiatives with measurable impact.
- Coordinate Sustainability Leads and champions in plants by supporting their capacity building and delivery of performance targets.
- Coordinate and support the operationalization of the organization’s sustainability approach/policy across all business operations through internal and externally facilitated sustainability trainings, workshops, and other initiatives.
- Core Discipline / Inter Discipline: Sustainability / Stakeholder Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Sustainability or Environment related field.
- Advanced degree in sustainability related field.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of proven experience in Corporate Sustainability function in a large organization, preferably in a multi-national setting.
- Strong skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and internet research
- At least 3 years’ experience in Sustainability Reporting using global reporting standards
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills (remains open to others’ ideas, exhibits willingness to try new approaches)
Skills and Competencies:
- Quantitative research inclined.
- Proficient in data analysis and visualization
- Negotiation and change management skills.
- Experienced in industry continuous improvement projects.
- Excellent communications & advocacy skills
- Effective planning, target setting, project monitoring and performance measurement
- Successfully implemented environmental & social performance management framework in a large and diversified business space
- Experienced in sustainability and corporate social responsibility project management.
- Experienced in Sustainability reporting using global standards and frameworks.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online