Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Department: Logistics Manager / Supervisor
Reporting to: Operations Suppor Coordinator
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Supply Manager who will be responsible for implementing the required procurement processes for requests not covered under any Framework Agreement or Tender Dossier as well as ensuring timely supply of all requests to requesters.
- He/she will implement procurement/supply processes whilst ensuring full compliance with ACF procedures, liaise with suppliers on daily basis and maintain cordial relationships with them, conduct market assessments, request quotations, evaluate supplier bids and follow up on procurement authorization, delivery schedules, and supplier payments.
- Ensure the implementation of the supply plan and supply strategy;
- Control the management and processing of the Procurement Lines at the base;
- Follow deliveries to the requesters;
- Ensure the proper filing of documents concerning supplies on the procurement platform and in hard copies;
- Ensure the best performance of the supply process on the base: Transparency, shortest delivery time, value for money;
- Continuously sensitize the supply team on fraud;
- Ensure quality & quantity control of deliveries;
- Transfer all equipment deliveries to the base/capital logistics officer and ICT for codification, labeling, and files equipment settings or to update inventory list before use, storage or shipping;
- Ensure packaging and shipping to bases are well done and documented. Collect all signed Delivery Note copies;
- Ensure all documentation is existing, updated, are properly filed in folders before archiving;
- Update and provide Procurement Follow Up (PFU) to line manager on a weekly basis;
- Provide Cash forecast twice a month to line manager;
- Update and provide a supply plan on a monthly bases.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration OR Logistics or Purchasing and Supply;
- Certification in CIPS, Supply or Logistics is desirable;
- Minimum of 3 years extensive experience in procurement and/or logistics capacity management and coordination, preferably in humanitarian or development work;
- Possess a high level of Integrity and Transparency;
- Excellent people management skills combined with the ability and desire to further develop staff capacity;
- Strong Organization and management skills combined with the ability to coordinate a diverse range of people and responsibilities;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, use initiative when appropriate, and demonstrate good judgment;
- Possess strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills;
- Effective multi-tasking skills with the ability to coordinate and handle pressure/stress well;
- Ability to be flexible and to live and work in a stressful and insecure environment.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Starting Basic Salary
- N718,840 NGN per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply