Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Supply Chain Team Leader – Logistics
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Type: National Contract
- The Supply Chain Team Leader – Logistics will report directly to the Area Manager.
- She/he must be able to manage Logistics.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assist with warehouse management tasks when required including ensuring warehouse documentation is maintained in accordance with DRC policies, overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and checking stocks levels.
- Follow up with relevant Storekeepers to get updated weekly and monthly stock reports.
- Study, amylase and explain stock reports to area manager and supply chain manager.
- Initiate sporadic physical stock counts in collaboration with programme staff.
- Ensure quality of goods received is in alignment with specifications in purchase request in collaboration with relevant technical programme staff.
- Guarantee live update of stock report and dissemination to relevant management and staffs on a weekly basis
- Archiving of Warehouse documents both hard copies and soft copies.
- Explain and discrepancies of stock reports to management and archive it.
- Make sure stock reports are received and released as per DRC procedure, online via the Dynamics system and offline.
- Work closely with supply chain manager and transfer information to storekeepers.
- Field visit to all DRC warehouses across Borno and Yobe state to make sure standard procedure is in place and followed.
- Advise management on exciting new warehouse spaces, need on new places with support from logistics team and procurement.
- Follow up with the Logistics cluster on regulations and shipment movements.
- Dispose of items as per DRC procedure and government regulations.
- All Assets and General programme equipment are received, registered, tagged and updated as per DRC procedure at all Borno and Yobe state DRC bases.
- Inventory check on Assets and GPEs as per DRC procure monthly, bi-annually, and annually in all Yobe and Borno DRC bases.
- Follow up with HR and IT to issue assets and GPEs to new staff arrival.
- Follow up with HR and IT to receive issues assets to all staff leaving the mission.
- Work closely with supply chain manager, relevant logistics staff to make sure Assets and GPEs inventory database are updated accordingly to DRC operational handbook.
- Submit Assets and GPEs reports to donor upon closing of each project, and whenever requested.
- Plan with HR, IT and Procurement on the need for new Assets.
- Archive of Assets and GPE documents both hard copies and soft copies.
- Dispose and transfer of Assets, GPEs as per DRC procedure and government regulations.
- Receive Maintenance Facilitates requests from staff at both office and guest houses and makes sure they are followed, maintained in a timely manner with the Facilities officer.
- Track all requests.
- Study and analyze all requests and advise management on the best way forward.
- Track all expenses on facilities.
- Work closely with Fleet team on Generator and Vehicle and other machinery.
- In consultation with Area Manager with support from supply chain manager, plan and manage the capacity building of all staff, in addition to providing support to programme staff on relevant procedures and processes.
- To be successful in this role, the candidate is expected to be honest, strongly motivated and display a high standard of integrity in humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented
- At least 3 years experience in the supply chain, especially logistics (warehouse, assets, facilities, fleet) management, procurement experience is a plus.
- Experience in building and developing the capacity of supply chain staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans
- Knowledge & experience in dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management.
- Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations.
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Availability: ASAP
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment:
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
- The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Method of Application
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address, and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.