Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisor – Production (Onga Cube)
Job Purpose / Objectives
- To Supervise all the production processes and activities involved in the manufacturing of Seasoning cubes).
Key Responsibilities / Activities
- Ensure that daily shift targets are met with minimal wastage and optimal output.
- Plan, Schedule and Supervise work of operators/operatives to ensure proper distribution of work, effective and efficient coordination of shift production operations and review machine reports at the end of the shift.
- Ensure machine efficiency optimization and downtime reduction by promptly reporting machine faults to the shift technicians and documentation on file maker and MAMA for management action.
- Maintain high standard of product quality and hygiene in the factory, strict compliance with GMP, and FSMS standards through constant liaison with the Quality Assurance team.
- Ensures strict compliance to Health, safety and environment standards in the factory to ensure work is accomplished safely.
- Ensure control of waste and material usage variance through proper work methods and good manufacturing practices.
- Ensure that the daily production operations are adequately documented and captured in the file maker and hard copies of forms.
- Ensure proper reconciliation of material usage and production figures with the storekeeper.
- Handle disciplinary actions, grievances, performance feedbacks/appraisals, attendance report and leave schedules of subordinates and create a positive working environment by building morale in the factory.
- Identifies training needs of staff within the factory and recommend/conduct on the job training as required.
- Identifies key performance gaps in the factory and propose improvement plans for management action.
- Ensure Continuous improvement of factory facility through KAIZEN and 5S implementation.
- Performs other related duties as advised by management to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
- B.Sc. (Minimum Second Class lower) and HND (Minimum lower credit) in Food Science & Technology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry or other food related courses.
- Minimum of three years’ cognate work experience in the food and beverage manufacturing environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel suite).
- Fair knowledge Machine operations.
- Good numerical and data analytical skills.
- Technical Report writing.
- Good Knowledge of Manufacturing/Production policies and procedures.
- Conversant with GMP and HACCP principles.
- Conversant with TPM & TQM.
- Ability to work well without supervision.
- Diligent and enthusiastic.
- Able and willing to follow laid down procedures.
- Possession of Leadership qualities.
- People management.
- Team Player.
- Target driven.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online