Promasidor (Cowbell Milk) – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa. We have enjoyed ongoing success for over 30 years. This success has been built on not only understanding the needs of our consumers, but also on the understanding of the needs of our employees, our suppliers and our stakeholders.
Job Title: Supervisor – Procurement
- Management and development of local and foreign suppliers (BOM and Non BOM) for PNG.
- Plan the procurement of all BOM and Non BOM to ensure procurement activities are delivered on- time, reliable services to related stakeholders at optimum cost.
- Daily management of Procurement Database.
- Identifies requesting departments needs, develops and refines specification for commodities, supplies or equipment.
- Identify and select vendors to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and conclude registration of suppliers in line with company requirements.
- Interviews sales representatives to develop new sources of supplies, securing favourable terms for the business; updates record and files and secure samples, descriptions, photos or information for requesting departments (for both local and foreign suppliers).
- Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to departments; assists department in initiating requisition and orders and solves problems with orders.
- Monitor and Control PO issuance, depletion and closure.
- Writes and distributes bid invitations or request for proposals; receives and analyses bids, quotes and proposals.
- Assists in monitoring supplier selection process for the company and/or departments and ensure documentation completion and accuracy (local and foreign procurement).
- Implementation of contracts with suppliers and service providers; follow through to ensure conformance to the terms and conditions and educate vendors/customers on the terms /conditions.
- Monitor the conformance of internal & external customers to agreed SLAs.
- Assists in developing and implements Suppliers Evaluation/Assessment process and other departmental reports.
- Advising new Suppliers of Documentation and Legal Procedures required by different Government Agencies.
- Ensures compliance with FSMS related activities in the department and member of FSMS team.
- Supervise the daily activities of the Procurement Unit to facilitate availability of BOM items and in line with stock policy without OOS.
- Carries out any other duty assigned by Manager.
- Carries out any assigned food safety jobs by the Head of department
- A university degree in any of the social sciences, arts, sciences, accounting or any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 6 years experiences in logistics function with 3 years in similar role within relevant industries
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Import Rules and Regulations
- Supply Chain
- Stock Management
- Computer proficiency (excel)
- Trend Analysis
- Business Acumen
- Interpersonal Skills
- Decision Making
- Strategic thinking
- Relationship Management
Deadline: Not Stated
How to Apply
All candidates should Click Here to apply online.