The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Station Administrator
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist the Head of station in managing the Station’s financial and operational strategies;
- Coordinate the overall function of the Station administrative systems and ensure logistics back-up;
- Organize, prepare, and implement Station activities and research program;
- Maintain efficient information flow between the station, hosted institutions and projects operating within the Station;
- Ensure timely financial reporting and posting of charges back to the station cost recovering budget;
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchases, procurement, and logistics management;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s in management / Administration, Social Sciences, or related fields with minimum of eight (8) years’ experience performing similar or related roles in an international organization.2
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good interpersonal, negotiation, mediation, and excellent communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.