The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Engagement Advisor
Locations: Ekiti and Kaduna (One in each state.)
Project / Program: RSSH
Reporting to: Senior Technical & Specialist CSS, ISD/QI.
Duration: Two months (with the possibility of an extension)
The State Engagement Advisor will:
- Support the Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) to conduct needs assessment, develop an implementation plan, M&E plan as well as concept notes in relation to interventions and activities to be implemented under the RSSH 2021-2023 grant.
- S/He will work for an initial period of three months and provide the necessary support to relevant state structures for timely implementation of activities.
- Lead the conduct of a capacity and needs assessment of the health system with a focus on the RSSH core areas (PSM, HMIS, LabS, CSS, ISD/QI) and produce a detailed report of findings
- Lead the state implementation planning and workplan development workshop and support key stakeholders to use the findings from the needs assessment to identify priority needs and design targeted interventions to respond to them.
- Provide technical assistance in the development of a comprehensive implementation plan, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework and budget, within the ceiling allocated to each state, for the period of the RSSH grant
- Provide hands-on technical support to the PCU supporting the state engagement component, ensuring highest level of project management skills are applied to achieve timely results
- Support the PCU to develop concept notes in relation to interventions and activities
- Support strengthening of PCU and relevant stakeholders in the states
- Document the status and achievements and feedback to relevant state authorities and the PR
- Participate in any other activities related to the above functions.
Experience and Qualification
- MBBS or Master’s Degree in Public Health, Medical Sciences or Social Sciences or other related fields.
- At least 10 years of experience working in the state health system
- Experience working on international donor-funded programs (Global Fund preferred) is added advantage.
- Experience designing and implementing health systems strengthening interventions
- Experience with HIV, TB & Malaria programs
- Leadership experience in management of public health programmes and relationship with state government and civil society networks at leadership strategic level.
- Strong leadership competencies in both the mobilization of teams on one hand; the design, development and mainstreaming of new processes or procedures, on the other hand.
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Ability to lead and guide strategy development with the State Ministry of Health (SMOH) and Civil Society networks, manage technical implementation of proposed project initiatives, as well as ability to supervise, mentor and coach project and government staff.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
- Consultants are to reside in state of application.
- Strong IT, administrative and data analysis skills
- Good written & oral communication /presentation skills
- Organizational skills & ability to multitask
- Excellent inter-personal skills as well as working well within a team environment
- Certification on Data Management & Analysis
Application Closing Date
24th August, 2022; 12 noon.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Proposals to:
Attention: Head Procurement,
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
While submitting the Technical Proposal, the Applicant shall, in particular, ensure to attach the following:
- Profile of the consultant (max 1 page) explaining why they are the most suitable for the work.
- Copies of all certificates for all qualifications indicated in the CV.
- Relevant Experience and relevant supporting document.
- Detailed methodology and conceptual framework with expected deliverables and timelines, man days required (3-5 pages).
- Recent CV and Cover letter. Any submission without cover letter will not be treated.
- The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount (including a breakdown of costs for fee, travel and number of working days). Payments will be made in installments based upon key outputs/deliveries (mentioned under payment schedule above).
Guideline for Submission and Opening of Documents
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal.
- The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Engagement of state Consultants” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below.
Collection of Requests
For Proposal (RFP) Document:
- The Request for Proposal (RFP) can be downloaded from this link: https://naca.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/RFP-OF-CONSULTANT-state-consultants-CSS-reviewed-with-response-1.pdf
Global Fund Code of Conduct:
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
- Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted. The submission(s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.