Standard Chartered Bank – We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Executive, Branch Sales & Service
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
The role holder is responsible for driving profitable volume growth through new business acquisition and maximizing every customer (both new and existing) engagement. Their focus is on the General Mass Market segment, uncovering customer’s needs and providing them with the right product & service solution from the full range of Retail Banking products offered.
- It is expected for the role holder to be customer centric and provide excellent customer service to complete customer’s experience. Role holder is also expected to have some knowledge and experience in offering a range of products to meet the customer’s needs.
- Ensure meeting client requirements while ensuring compliance with regulations and controls as set by the bank and external regulators.
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:
- “Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers”
- Observe clear desk policy always
- responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- the ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Retail Banking Distribution to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention & the Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Local regulator – CBN
– Operations staff for operational and processing support – Sales staff for sales guidance – BM for portfolio management and Growth support. External
-Customers- to process transactions and acquire/expand business.
- Regulators in terms of compliance Other Responsibilities
- Embed ‘Here for good’ and Group’s brand and values in Retail Banking Distribution, Nigeria.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Multiple functions (double hats)
15th Jan., 2020