Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2020 – Standard Chartered Bank is a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Graduate Teller – Retail Banking
• Learn and understand all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures
• Handle the following transactions and provide services according to the laid down procedures and standard of service:
1. Cash transactions
2. Fund transfer
3. Customer inquiry
4. Cheque collection
5. Account maintenance
6. Balance confirmation
7. Customer Complaint handling
8. Cross Selling
9. Internal & external reports
10. Adherence to till limit of N100K and floor limit of N2m
11. Other assigned duties
TELLER/BOSM to ensure all Operational, Compliance, Control procedure and guideline are properly carried out and adhered to.
• Comply with internal policies and external regulations and ensure all internal and external report to be submitted on time
• To comply with respective Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious customer activity, and should report any suspicious activity to the respective Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager as well as directly to the Country MLPO in urgent or exceptional circumstances.
• Build up good relationship with all internal and external customers.
• Make effort to improve personal product knowledge and to acquire multi-products processing skill.
• Make effort to improve personal productivity and output level. To achieve established standard.
• Understand and follow carefully the Bank’s operational risk control standard underlying operating process and ensure the risks are minimized.
• Ensure timeliness of managing customer’s complaint.
• To be an entrance key custodian.
Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to:
“Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding
records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
• To effectively handle over the counter transaction and support the in its excellence drive
– awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role
• GOOD CUSTOMER / BANK RELATIONSHIPS.
• ATTAINING OF BRANCH PROFIT TARGETS THROUGH CORRECT COLLECTION OF COMMISSIONS
• INCREASED SALES DUE TO DIRECT CUSTOMER INTERACTION
• To support branch growth and ensure no Ops risk gap – awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
To ensure error free processing of customer transactions.
People and Talent
• [Reference all responsibilities related to people and talent matters] e.g.
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
• Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
• Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
• Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
– responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
– the ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
• Reference all responsibilities Under Risk Management Framework
• Act as the risk control owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework
• Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
• Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
• Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
• Customer (current and potential)
• Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in the bank
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
• Back-up custodian for ATM
• Multiple functions
• Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; Bsc.
• Licenses and Certifications/accreditations; N/A
• Professional Memberships;
• Bank training; i.e. mandatory & developmental – role specific, and regulatory/compliance bank wide & role specific,
• Languages; English, Yoruba.
Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment 2020 Application Deadline