Standard Chartered Bank – We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions:
1). Business Development Executive – Employee Banking – (2000000410)
Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Nigeria-Lagos
Employee Status: Fixed Term
The Role Responsibilities
Connect & explain (remote)
- Connect with identified employees (based on B2B set of leads)
- Explain proposition & requirements in full
- Implement sales strategy underpinning marketing efforts to acquire, expand and retain profitable relationships and grow the market share in accordance with EB sales targets
Prepare & set up (remote)
- Work together with EB Team RM to pre-send product bundles description and bank proposition
- Conduct remote KYC
- Collect all documents (digital) required for account opening and pre-fill forms
Meet, deep sell & train (in person)
- Meet in person (ensure Priority Banker joins if Affluent and Personal Banker for others)
- Listen and determine further needs
- Initiate discussion to cross-sell
- Educate and pro actively engage clients for online and digital set up
- Conduct fulfillment
- Pass on referrals/leads of other products to respective specialists
- Actively participate in branch daily morning hurdles, training on sales, service and controls.
- Regular feedback to and from the Team EB RM on performance and recommend appropriate improvements plans where necessary.
- Any other official duties as may be directed by the line manager
- Ensure an excellent customer experience during the account opening, documentation process as well as when offering any other service
- Actively participate and challenge the status quo, to improve on processes through documented service storming sessions
- Scan customer instructions (AOF)
- Ensure that CDD is applied when engaging the customer or opening accounts and proper completion of checklist in place
- Reporting of suspicious transactions or activities
- Ensure that you fully understand the CDD & AML group policy and are adequately trained in CDD & AML
- Ensure that you understand, sign and adhere to the Group code of conduct
- Ensure sales process is followed to avoid miss-selling or miss-information.
- Ensure proper time and resources management
Our Ideal Candidate
- Enhanced multi-product Priority/ Personal knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- Closing deals
- Client training on digital solutions
- Communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Understanding of Priority / Personal Client KYC principles
Direct Contribution to:
- Customer retention/loyalty.
- Contribute to the growth and achievement of branch portfolio.
- Achievement of enhanced service quality and performance standards.
- Enhanced control environment
Indirect Contribution to :
- Overall profitability of the branch.
- Overall image/ reputation of the branch in the network.
- Operational efficiency and service levels to customers in the branches
- Thorough knowledge of Bank’s products and services
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally
- Strong sales and relationship building skills
- Ability to match perceived customer needs with existing Bank products
- Good grasp of competitive awareness
- University degree; Any Business field preferred
Deadline: 24th January 2020
How to Apply
Interested candidates should
2). Associate Treasury Markets – (2000000315)
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Nigeria-Victoria Island
Employee Status: Permanent
- The primary responsibility is the management of the Bank’s liquidity profile, ensuring that it remains within stipulated risk tolerances. The job is to raise and deploy liquidity to ensure that the bank is in a position to meet all its obligations at all times (intra-day and inter-day); to meet all regulatory requirements; to diversify the funding base in a prudent manner; to pre-empt times of surplus and tight liquidity and to produce a curve reflective of the banks marginal cost of liquidity.
The Role Responsibilities
- Be responsible for day-to-day management of the balance sheet
- Provide balance sheet and market insights to HoALM and/or ALCO to ensure prudent and accurate directions from ALCO
- Liaise with other business units to obtain the best possible view of asset pipelines and forecast liability generation
- Communicate the funding requirements / excess liquidity position with the Central liquidity team. Convey capacity on limits
- Ensure adherence to all regulatory requirements and all internal liquidity metrics
- Determine the level of marketable security holdings to facilitate the Bank making payments within the local RTGS system (in relevant countries)
- Raise a flag to senior management on any concerns over the Bank’s capacity to easily meet projected funding requirements
- Manage the liquidity whilst maintaining regulatory; stress and prudent liquidity requirements
- Access the money markets as required; either with other banks directly or through interdealer broker; raising and placing liquidity to ensure liquidity limits are adhered to whilst maximising economic value to the Bank
- Being proactive in raising liquidity when it is cheap, deploying it when it is expensive
- Proactively establish and maintain good relationships with direct wholesale customers, including central banks
- Swap funding between currencies to meet liquidity requirements and to minimise funding costs
- Move funding between ALM desks as required
- Participate in local central bank operations and facilities, as required
- Provide oversight to ALM Support in ensuring adequate intra-day liquidity to facilitate all payments / to meet pay-in obligations with CLS (in relevant centres)
- Liaise with the Repo desk in order to manage a stock of eligible collateral for use within the LAB or act as intraday collateral for RTGS
- Preposition eligible securities at the local central bank to be used as backstop liquidity (where available)
- Decide on the requirement to purchase securities to meet the statutory, stress, payments or prudent requirements
- Decide the need to raise medium term funding
- Operate within ALM’s liquidity and credit limits
- Ensure LM function activities are within MCO, WBG, Stress, MTF and Swapped Funds Guidelines as prescribed by GMR limits
- Flag any potential liquidity limit issues to GMR in advance
- Request for temporary limits to GMR and Credit, where appropriate
- Submit annual limit application to GMR and Credit
- Maintain desired ratios as directed by the Global Head of Liquidity
- Produce daily yield curves for the Bank’s marginal cost of funding in local and major foreign currencies, fixed and floating, for funds transfer from or to the rest of the Bank
- Ensure this curve encourages an overall balance of liquidity yet does not unduly disadvantage any business unit
- Manage the relationship with the local key stakeholders.
- Custody and management of ALM’s RWA limit, ensuring adherence to the target set over the semi-annual reporting periods. Responsible for forecasting RWA usage and input into the setting of the limit, after obtaining the relevant balance sheet information from all parties
- Understand and be able to act on the Country Liquidity Contingency Plan
- Ensure a full understanding of what is expected of ALM if the plan is activated
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with of the sources of standby and emergency liquidity, including central banks
- Actively monitor for and immediately alert senior management on any evidence that the bank could be about to encounter funding stress
- In case this plan is ever activated, take ownership to raise desired liquidity
- Money Laundering Prevention
- Ensure money laundering prevention requirements and procedures are communicated to unit staff in Financial Markets
- Ensure the procedure of suspicious transactions monitoring within Global Markets is followed
- Report any issues related to money laundering prevention arising within the unit to Business MLPO and unit head
- Vet and assist in the investigation of suspicious transaction reports originating from unit staff
- Communicate with Relationship Manager (RM) on money laundering requirements and suspicious transactions.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Provide oversight to ALM Support in ensuring that liquidity risk from the commercial balance sheet is being transferred to ALM as per policy Ensure that funding costs are accurately reflected, including the impact of stress; and statutory holdings.
- Ensure that all compliance and local regulatory requirements are met and reported as appropriate
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Global Head of Liquidity and his managers
- ALM Investment Management
- Sales Desks within FM
- Relationship managers
- Group Treasury
- SCB countries in region and the major hub ALM centers
- Local Banks
- Local central bank, in particular departments involved in Money Market Operations
- Money Brokers
- Direct Wholesale customers
- ALCO balance sheet strategy
- Prudent Liquidity Policy including benchmarking against other banks
- The degree to which liquidity planning has ensured continued capacity for new deals and business growth
Deadline: 23rd Jan. 2020
How to Apply
Interested candidates should