Apply for Specialist – Service Management, Information Technology Recruitment at MTN Nigeria, as MTN career portal opens for latest positions. Kindly scroll down to find details about this job and apply.
MTN brand is readily recognisable as the leader in telecommunications in Nigeria and a member of a broad community throughout Africa and the Middle East. We are able to recruit the appropriate skills through our appealing brand, which we actively develop by consistently upgrading our job opportunities beyond compensation and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Specialist – Service Management, Information Technology
Job Identification No.: 2042
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Senior Manager – Head Information Technology
Division: MoMo Payment Service Bank
- Responsible for accessing, approving, implementing and reviewing change in a controlled manner.
- Drive implementation and delivery of effective change management process that aligns and promotes business vision, mission and objective; links change delivery to the achievement of IT & Business strategy.
- Ensure process compliance from initiation to closure of incidents.
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process with resolver teams.
- Train and coach the Service Desk and first line support to ensure error-free incident categorization and assignments to technical teams.
- Execute the steps to recover services as per the Major Incident (MI) checklist provided for each severity type of major incidents.
- Responsible for Major Incident report (MIR) updates within the Major Incident recovery with all logs and steps taken by technical team.
- Ensure that all incidents are resolved within Service Level Agreements/Operational Level Agreements and trigger appropriate technical escalation levels (L2 and L3) while managing incidents to avoid breaches.
- Reduce Severity 3 and Severity 4 incidents, apply LEAN principle where possible to control the volume of incidents and ensure Year-on-Year number of Severity 3 and Severity 4 trends are on the decline.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure that relevant CI’s are being tagged by technical team or any other teams closing the incident and produce analytical report on a sampling basis for non-compliant support groups.
- Convert recurring or unknown issues into problems with an objective of ZERO repeat incident policy.
- Evaluate change requests (RFCs) to assess the impact, risk and benefits to business services in order to avoid unnecessary disruption to business operations.
- Secure authorization from appropriate authority level depending on the type of change which must have been categorized based on the size of the business, anticipated risk of the change, potential financial impacts and the scope of the change.
- Convene, coordinate and facilitate Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings and maintain a schedule of approved and tentative changes.
- Plan, develop and communicate monthly change schedule forecast/calendar.
- Coordinate the implementation of all approved changes to ensure adherence to the approved tasks, timeline and communication plan.
- Drive IT change management process to elicit change management requirements for new products, projects and operational requests prior to implementation/go live.
- Lead and act as main support contact for change communication by providing executive summaries, business justifications, representing changes management during projects and demand meetings, Post Implementation Review (PIR) meetings, and eliciting approvals from various groups across the organization.
- Drive and maintain agile change management support practices to ensure seamless delivery of agile solutions
- Conduct Post Implementation Review for all change requests
- Track and drive resolution of any negative fallout from change deployment with Major Incident team and all relevant stakeholders
- Analyze unsuccessful, rolled back changes and changes that failed to meet business objective; document outcome for future reference in the knowledge management system
- First Degree in Computer Science or an IT equivalent degree
- Practitioner Certificate in ITIL – IT Service Transition
- 3 – 7 Years’ experience including:
- Experience IT Service Support and Delivery
- Experience in Service Management
- Minimum one (1) year Change Management experience
- Project management Experience
- Experience working with a range of service providers.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online