MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist – Enterprise Risk Management, Risk and Compliance
Job Identification: 1414
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Division: Risk & Compliance
Reports To: Manager Enterprise Risk Management
- Update risk items identified on risk management system and gather data on all risk related projects.
- Update risk management system and monitor regulatory developments and recommend modifications to existing practices.
- Prepare and collate reports on risk management activities within MTNN.
- Identify and analyze the areas of potential risk threatening MTNN’s assets, earning capacity, and conduct risk scoring and impact assessment within MTNN.
- Evaluate risk exposures (opportunity, hazard, uncertainty etc.) that pose an internal or external threat (political, economic, financial, market, international) and make necessary recommendations.
- Generate reports, presentations to highlight the effects of risks and suggest changes to the management based on the solutions to adopt newer strategies to overcome the risks.
- Monitor the resolution of issues identified to ensure risks are resolved in accordance with risk management standards
- Prepare and circulate updates on industry-related events, regulatory directives and lessons arising from risk events/ near misses to management
- Stay abreast of trends in agile IT risk governance, policies and procedures and other external changes that may impact the Company
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for performing vendor risk assessment to improve the overall vendor risk posture
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring information systems, platforms, and operating procedures in accordance with established corporate standards for efficiency, accuracy and security.
- Support ISO 27001 re-certification reviews and validation activities.
- Maintain all MTNN ethical standards and ensure Risk Management activities are carried out in compliance with ISO 31000/COSO standards as well as MTNN’s risk management methodologies.
- Perform in-depth evaluations on key risks within the organization and assist the business in developing risk prevention strategies.
- Report on matters that bother on Technology, Risk management, internal controls and corporate governance processes.
- Ensure ongoing risk identification, assessment and reporting to the stakeholders; and Archer eGRC (the risks management system/tool) is implemented and fully utilized to automate the risk management process within MTN Nigeria.
- Support development of reports to the Board Risk & Compliance Committee on a quarterly basis; and ensure preparation of ERM reports to stakeholders when required.
- Liaise constantly with Senior Management and Executives on various technology risk matters especially tracking ownership and mitigation of risk items identified as well as train relevant stakeholders and staff on risk matters; champions on the use of Archer eGRC software, on an on-going basis regarding ERM projects.
- Work with Stakeholders for the reduction of the risks and propose solutions to overcome those risks and their effects.
- First Degree in a numerate discipline
- Fluent in English
- 3 – 7 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the area of specialization
- History of risk management engagement (either as Risk personnel or in Risk Management Consulting)
- Knowledge of IT risk management
- Experience with exception reporting, assessment, documentation, implementation and/or design of internal controls.
- Project management.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2022; 23:59
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online