Special Advisor for Capacity Building and Organisation Development Job Recruitment at West African Health Organisation (WAHO). The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), with a mandate to ensure the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of the health of the people in the ECOWAS region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Special Advisor for Capacity Building and Organisation Development
Reference No: FM/TEND/AMI/2020/03/bk
Location: Bobo- Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
- The West African Health Organisation (WAHO), intends to recruit a Special Advisor for Capacity Building and Organisational Development, under a USAID-funded project aimed at strengthening the capacity of WAHO to become the lead health institution in the region for policy harmonization and advocacy, and to promote public-private partnerships for health.
- In addition, the project aids WAHO in identifying, sharing, and supporting the scaling-up of best practices in health in West Africa, as well as operationalizing the ECOWAS regional Health Information Systems’ policy.
General and Specific Objectives:
- The Consultant shall assist WAHO in the implementation of a full range of activities to improve performance and enhance leadership, management, and governance.
The Specific Objectives are:
- Strengthen WAHO’s and Member States’ capacity in Leadership and Governance;
- Train trainers in Leadership and Governance;
- Strengthen WAHO’s communication capacity;
- Provide technical support to the DG;
- Provide support in developing proposals for resource mobilization.
Key Skills, Technical Background and Experience Required
- A Master’s degree or higher qualification in Management, Business Administration, Public Health, Finance, Health Economics, Economic Policy Management or any other relevant field from an accredited university;
- Additional certificate/qualification in Human Resource Management would be an advantage;
- Demonstrable experience in capacity building or performance improvement for local organizations/institutions;
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity building policies;
- A sound knowledge of the socio-eeonomic situation of the ECO WAS region;
- ECOWAS citizen with proficiency in one of the ECOWAS official languages (English/French/Portuguese), supported with evidence. Knowledge of a second or third language will be an advantage;
- Proven supervisory and management skills;
- Demonstrable experience in capacity building or performance improvement for organisations or institutions;
- Experience working with donor institutions will be an advantage.
Duration, Duty Station and Nature of Appointment:
- This is a USAID- funded Consultancy. The Special Advisor shall be appointed for a period of one (1) year subject to three (3) months’ probation. The contract may be renewed based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. The incumbent will enjoy attractive consolidated remuneration.
- The Special Adviser will be based at WAHO Headquarters in Bobo- Dioulasso, Burkinafaso.
Application Closing Date
12:00 hours GMT; 30th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individual should express their interest by submitting their Applications by email to the address: email@example.com The subject of the email must indicate the position applied for.
Important Information / Notice
- Applicants interested in this position should provide information that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience. The application should include a cover letter indicating the position applied for, detailed Curriculum Vitae – including description of past similar assignments, and experience – and copies of supporting documents.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures for the selection of individual consultants as set out in the tender code of ECOWAS.
- Interested candidates may access the Terms of Reference from the WAHO website at: www.wahooas.org
- WAHO or USAID shall not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the individual applicant in connection with the preparation or submission of the EOI.
- Further information may be obtained during working hours: From Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:00 GMT from the WAHO Resource Person at the address below:
- Mrs. Lalaissa AMOUKOU
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org