Solar Engineer Job Recruitment at Salpha Energy. Salpha Energy is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar Engineer
Job Type: Part Time
- Provide expert consultation on solar PV plant components such as modules, inverters, meteorological stations, and trackers.
- Perform every electrical work needed to connect the solar system to the electric grid. This includes proper grounding systems, controls and all testing necessary.
- Design of solar Ц inverter system to meet clients power/energy requirement.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of solar power systems.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Create or interpret the solar panel installation plans, mapping out the steps of the installation and where all of the components will be installed.
- Assist service operations team in troubleshooting issues related to installation
- Create electrical single-line diagrams or connection diagrams for solar electric systems using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Prepare quotations, Bill of materials based on cost-effective engineering designs.
- Weatherproof the solar installation in accordance with local safety regulations and the specifications of the manufacturer.
- Install, inspect, maintain and repair solar panel systems, including the solar collectors, batteries, pumps, fans, or support structure.
- Develop and design electrical power panels to efficiently handle power distribution and power management.
- Meet with clients if need be, to enlighten them on the importance of solar energy.
- Assist with solar PV design optimization for cost reduction and performance improvement, including for engineer-procure-construct (EPC) projects.
- Identify strategic solar and electrical equipment suppliers.
- Plan and develop operation and maintenance program for clients and internal use.
- End to end execution of solar projects (Rooftop & Ground Mounted) and AMC / Service Support.
- Able to check site feasibility and provide the best suitable option for enhancing suitability.
- Lead and contribute to projects for solar resource assessments, energy production estimates, performance assessments of operating projects, siting, performance testing, feasibility studies, new technology evaluation, component modelling, conceptual design, and strategic planning.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested
- Comply with the company laid down policies and process
- Propose solutions and process improvement to better aide the companies goals and objectives
- Comply with the safety and quality regulations
- Report all near-miss to the relevant safety personnel
- Perform site visits and maintenance checkups on a regular base.
- HND / B.Sc in Electrical Electronics Engineering, Physics and Electronics or related technical field
- Minimum of 2 years proven work experience in Renewable Energy Industry
- Registration and/or membership of recognized engineering body is desirable
- Excellent Electronics troubleshooting and resolution.
- Must be able to function equally well in collaborative, multi-discipline teams, and self-directed independent assignments.
- Must be self-motivated, with an ability to balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of PV system components, wiring practices, layout, low voltage AC design, medium voltage design, relay protection, metering, utility interconnection requirements etc.
- Organization: Works systematically, use time efficiently; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines without direct supervision, work to deadlines.
- Respectful: Due regard should be shown for all Company property and equipment.
- Confidence to deal with difficult clients & high-level internal management & be able to give guidance to colleagues where needed.
- Ability to respond to client issues in a timely and professional manner
- Strong multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Having a systematic approach to work and an eye for detail.
- Self-starter, motivated, eager, inquisitive, innovative, proactive and enthusiastic
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.