Software Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering Intern, 2021 at Google Nigeria. Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering Intern, 2021
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Other Locations: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt; Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Accra, Ghana; Nairobi, Kenya; Moscow, Russia; Istanbul, Turkey; Kyiv, Ukraine
About the Job
- We offer a range of internships in either Software Engineering or Site-Reliability Engineering across EMEA. Durations and start dates will vary according to project and location
- Our recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your resume
- As a Software Engineering or Site Reliability Intern, you‘ll work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs.
Software Engineering Intern:
- As a key member of a versatile team, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs
- We need our engineers to be versatile, and enthusiastic in addressing new problems as we continue to push technology forward
- You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions as you, and our fast-paced business, grow and evolve during your internship.
Site Reliability Intern:
- Our engineers create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it working and to harden it against all the vagaries of the internet. We drive reliability and performance across a massive scale. You will work on software development projects to keep important revenue-critical systems up and running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of our most cutting-edge services; from monitoring and alerts to building new automation infrastructure.
- Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in one of the specific country locations identified for this role for the duration of the internship program. We will discuss and agree with you what country this will be during the recruitment process.
- Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects using natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies. learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to data and information.
- Utilize exposure to large-scale production software troubleshooting.
- Help maintain mission critical services.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms from university, an internship, open source hobby coding, or other practical experience.
- Coding experience in one of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Internship or work experience (i.e. research assistant, teaching assistant, personal projects, etc) programming in either: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Experience with one or more of the following: web application development, Unix / Linux, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
Application Closing Date
4th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We encourage you to apply as early as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis.
- To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or Resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English
- Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
- By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt; Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Accra, Ghana; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Moscow, Russia; İstanbul, Turkey; Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000.