Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) Manager
Job ID: 2022-3543
Reports To: Head of Programs
- We are looking for an experienced Social Behaviour Change Communications (SBCC) Manager to head the organization’s SBCC activities for strengthened Communications and Media interventions in Nigeria.
- The position will coordinate all SBCC activities (Mass Media, New media, Digital media, Interpersonal communication etc.) at the field, with partner organizations, government agencies, advertisement agencies, media outlets, etc and reports to the Head of Programs.
You will be responsible for the following:
- SBCC Strategy: Coordinate the development of PSI Nigeria SBCC strategy in collaboration with PSI HQ SBCC team and other stakeholders in Nigeria.
- Oversee overall implementation of the platforms SBCC strategy
- Coordinate communications and media activities including but not limited to messages development, review of SBCC messages, media placement for mass media, new media, IPC etc.
- Coordinate knowledge sharing on SBCC interventions in the field
- Coordinate dissemination activities for the platform
- Provide remote and in-person supervision of SBCC activities in the field to effectively manage, quality assure and use media outlets, messages, digital content,
- Manage the team in such a way that:
- Messages over digital media are routinely tracked and correctional actions taken promptly.
- Routinely oversee IEC materials development, adoption of existing messages and determination for media placement.
Coordination with External Stakeholders:
- Coordinate engagement with media outlets, government agencies, partners etc
- Represent the organization in external SBCC activities where applicable
- Other duties as assigned
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Mass Communications, Sociology, Marketing, Health Communication etc.)
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (Mass Communications, Sociology, Marketing, Health Communications etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in SBCC programming
- Experience working with any of Mass Media, New media, Digital media, Interpersonal communication etc.
- Excellent written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite
- Language skills: Fluent English is essential. Working knowledge of any on the major Nigerian Languages will be an added advantage
- Ability to travel locally up to 40%.
- References will be required.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move
- Pragmatism: You will strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You will not be paralyzed by a need to make things
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it is the only way you will learn and
- Collaboration: You will quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you will not succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the
- Commitment: You are in it for the long haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications shall be reviewed on rolling bases.
- Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted.
- PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.