Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SMC State Survey Consultants
Locations: Bauchi, Kebbi, Kogi, Nassarawa, Platueau and Sokoto
Slots: 6 Openings (One per state)
Duration: July – September, 2021.
Total TA Days: 34 Days
Purpose / Scope of Assignment
- The purpose of this assignment is to engage research personnel that will carry out data collection, analysis and interpretation for EoC evaluation. Some personnel will train data collectors and oversee data collection process while other personnel will carry out the actual data collection using an electronic platform.
- The EoC evaluation will be conducted in the 6 states supported by PF where SMC is being implemented. The process will involve identification, selection and training of supervisors at a ToT and subsequently, data collectors in the states. The aim of the EoC evaluation is to assess SMC coverage and adherence of community drug distributors (CDDs) to treatment protocol immediately and not more than 5 days after each cycle of treatment.
- The findings will be analysed and any ward (lot) scoring less than 80% will be targeted for corrective measures in their area of poor performance for improvement in subsequent cycles.
- Survey Consultants (one per state): S/he will have overall technical coordination role and lead in planning and implementing the surveys as well as interpretation of results and report writing for the assigned State. S/he will train survey supervisors and data collectors. Prior to this, the consultants will be briefed by SMC team and given background documents to study.
Qualifications and Experience
State Survey Consultants:
- Collectively develop agenda for the training of Data Collectors.
- Facilitate the training of Data Collectors and Supervisors in their respective assigned States
- Collectively develop supervision checklist that will guide supervisors during data collection
- Develop pre and post test questions as well as qualitative performance assessment checklist to be used for final selection of data collectors
- Download analyzed data from the electronic platform
- Interpret the analyzed data in a simple usable form for SMC personnel
- Facilitates the feedback mechanism of findings as appropriate
- Overall technical oversight for implementation of the EOC protocol in assigned State
- Write technical report highlighting key findings and recommendations
- Training agenda
- Training delivery guide, stating quality parameters for the delivery
- Training monitoring checklist to be used by MC Zonal Project Managers to ensure quality
- Supervision checklist
- Pre and post test questions
- Technical report – narrative format
- Technical report – Power point format
Profile Requirements of State Survey Consultants
- Must be a Degree holder in Demography, Statistics, Public Health or other related disciplines with at least 8 years post-qualification experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public health research methodology
- Ability to demonstrate good facilitation skills
- Demonstrable report writing skills
- Availability for the whole of the period of the survey
- Must not be a staff of Government at any level and in any Ministry
Application Closing Date
Monday, 26th July, 2021; 7:59 am.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should kindly send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and the preferred state as the subject title of the email application. e.g SMC State Survey Consultants – Kebbi
Click here to apply online
Interested applicants should kindly take note of the following:
- For your application to be considered, it is mandatory to fill the recruitment form and send your application to the specified email address.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- NB: Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above email address
- Applicants who do not follow the specified application instruction will be disqualified.