Navanti provides timely and insightful data and analysis that shapes programming and empowers local voices, bringing their concerns, ideas, and knowledge to a broader audience. Its systems inform high quality interventions in rapidly evolving, conflict affected environments, employing an approach to contextual, nuanced data that uncovers and engages local actors and opportunities in need of support, resources and training – to create sustainable and transformative solutions that impact their communities. Navanti offers near-real time understanding of local dynamics, enabling an anticipatory programmatic capacity that takes advantage of near horizon change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short-Term Technical Assistance Expert – Education
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The purpose of this five-year project is to support USAID/Nigeria staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent activities by improving:
- USAID and Implementing Partner’s (IP) capacity to achieve expected results
- USAID’s understanding and tracking of activity and project performance
- Mission and activity ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA).
- We are seeking a Short-Term Technical Assistance Experts in various fields and topics who will contribute to the implementation of activities for this project in support of USAID/Nigeria’s technical offices with a focus on Education.
- The STTA Expert should possess strong familiarity with their respective sector and experience across the MEL spectrum, including conducting a variety of monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities.
- High-performing STTA experts will be able to apply their individual technical skills, knowledge, and experience to help GoN and USAID create a culture of innovation, integration, and accountability. Navnati’s STTA network will mobilize rapidly and remain flexible depending on context shifts and user needs, including being seconded to GoN or USAID, if desired.
- Upon receiving an STTA Work Order, Navanti’s COP will assign an appropriate lead such as the DCOP, Monitoring Advisor, or Learning and Institutional Capacity Advisor to recruit from our STTA Expert pool of candidates and oversee the STTA network according to the technical requirements.
- Advanced Degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in MEL activities including MEL plans at the activity and project level, monitoring activities, data quality assessments, evaluations, MEL training and capacity building, implementing learning agenda activities, as well as other MEL technical activities.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in either of the above-mentioned technical fields in Nigeria and experience conducting relevant MEL activities.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis skills; proficiency in relevant software such as SPSS, Stata, NVivo, or others preferred.
- Experience working with USAID and local stakeholders in evaluation processes.
- Knowledge USAID program cycle and evaluation policy.
- Excellent communication, writing, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online