African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short Term Staff – Team Assistant
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position Grade: GS7
- The Vice Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group
- This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department
- The overall objective of the Financial Management Department (FIFM) is to safeguard and improve the Bank Group’s risk bearing capacity while looking to optimize efficiency to benefit clients, shareholders and staff.
- The role of the Treasury Risk Management Division (FIFM2) is the management of treasury risk and the oversight of treasury activities that enable the Bank to make informed treasury investment and borrowing decisions with adequate and manageable hedging mechanisms. The Division ’s objectives are :
- To identify, measure, monitor and mitigate market and credit risks in the Bank’s Treasury operations.
- To ensure the timely reporting of the Treasury Department activities.
- To build an efficient control framework to ensure the adherence to the Bank’s policies, Assets and Liabilities Management (ALM) guidelines, and to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- To provide efficient information systems and analytical support tools to the Treasury Department to improve the decision-making process.
Under the Supervision of the Division Manager, the Team Assistant will perform the following:
- Organize (including generation of virtual meeting links, etc.) and attend multiple meetings, to ensure that responsible management are well prepared. Arrange travel, visa, and accommodation for department staff.
- Initiate and prepare various administrative documents and forms, such as staff list, staff travels, and staff absence (annual leave, home leave, excused absence, and maternity leave). Create contracts for hiring consultants in DACON and SAP
- Devise and maintain efficient office systems.
- Track and follow up on documents, and payments in BTS.
- Manage contracts and follow up on outstanding issues with systems providers; create and process payment of invoices in SAP. Assist the management in issues concerning resources such as the administrative budget.
- Monitor and review expenses and bring issues to the attention of the manager.
- Provide support to the Budget focal point in the preparation and management of the Division’s annual budget.
- Produce documents, and spreadsheets on the update of the department’s budget Dashboard
- Prepare official documents, format/finalize letters and memos.
- Assist where applicable in the drafting of consultancy contracts and other procurement related works.
- Respond to inquiries on matters of counterparties and information systems providers.
- Coordinate with other members of management and partners; work with other operations assistants, secretaries, and groups in different locations.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the manager.
Competencies (Skills, Experience, and Knowledge)
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Administration, or related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in secretarial duties, administration/office, or a related field.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant and practical experience. Preference will be given to applicants who have gained experience in international organizations.
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment.
- Experience to coordinate a heavy complex diary and arranging international travels for managers and staff, including processing perdiem, and payment of invoices and claims.
- Experience in planning and monitoring budget activities
- Experience in planning and monitoring procurement activities
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills: Interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders and promptly respond to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail, and ability to work with a diverse workforce, stakeholders
- Strong proactive “can-do” approach: applicant must demonstrate the ability to use available resources to resolve problems by taking necessary action and utilizes analytical skills and a broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret needs
- Strong and professional communication skills: applicant must speak with confidence using clear concise language that is easily understood and uses high quality, professional oral and written skills to project a positive image of the office.
- Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, and team spirit
- Good written and oral skills in French or English with a good working knowledge of the other language
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access). Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions.
- The post holder will be considered a short-term staff (local staff).