WASIL – West African Soy Industries Limited operates one of the largest specialized oils and fats processing complexes in Africa. The manufacturing facility is located in Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria, with raw materials sourced from farmers in Kaduna, Katsina, Niger and other states across Nigeria. The Company is active in the Soy value chain through its out-grower farming activities by providing high quality agri-inputs to farmers and procuring farm produce from them through off-take arrangements. WASIL also educates the farmers on Yield Enhancement Techniques (YET) to improve their crop yield, and trains women on best practices in Shea collection and primary processing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Fitter
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full time
- Organize routine servicing schedules and carry out quality inspections
- Check and calibrate instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Respond immediately to equipment breakdowns
- Fix faults and arrange for replacements to be installed
- Organize teams to make sure 24-hour cover is available
- Monitor specialized equipment’s like Extractor, DT, Flaker, Expander, m/seal pumps, Centrifuge etc.
- Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance
- Diagnose faults and repair equipment’s
- Handle maintenance of major specialized equipment’s
- Obtain specialist components, fixtures or fitting
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- Strictly adhere and conform to all QMS standard
- B.Sc or HND in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years working experience in the field of Manufacturing, and process companies (SEP, Prep, Refinery)
- Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metalworking skills.
- Proficiency in Machine Repair, Machine Tool Operations, Pipefitting and Welding.
- Functional knowledge of mechanical components (valves, pipe fittings, bearings, motors, gearboxes, etc.)
- Ability to read and/or interpret mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic blueprints or schematics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal
- Be able to perform basic reading and arithmetic problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Be willing and able to learn shop math, including simple geometry.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, job related internet research and ability to learn e-maintenance software for daily usage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online