Umba combines advanced tools and techniques to optimize risk exposures in emerging markets that are currently underserved by traditional banking services. The Umba platform allows users to apply, receive and repay microloans through their mobile phone while using machine learning to underwrite using a risk score that is highly accurate and improves over time. Umba has just rolled out a new online POS solution and is teaming up with some of the biggest e-commerce merchants to increase customers access to online goods and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior UX / UI Designer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
Career Level: Experienced
- As a UX / UI Designer, you’ll redefine digital banking experiences that we can give to our customers! You’ll get to define exactly what it is, how it works, how it feels, and how it looks.
- You’ll be creating delightful essential financial services and tools that emphasize convenience & accessibility. We will be looking to you to help bring more context of the Nigerian market and common UX/UI practices to our team.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Abstracting away the complexities of financial services through iterative design and testing
- Pushing our brand and UI style forward while maintaining our design system
- Making data-driven product decisions alongside the founders
- Crafting engaging messaging across our product, landing page, and marketing
- Optimizing existing UX designs to hit key performance metrics
- Collaborate with the design team in and out of review sessions
- Enable the growth team across a variety of initiatives
- Bring the context of Nigerian design patterns to design reviews
- Challenge assumptions we have about our users and the market.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience of UX/UI design across digital platforms like web and mobile
- A strong understanding of visual design, typography, grid systems, and color theory
- You are in touch with current design methodologies and trends
- The ability to cross communicate across both Product & Engineering and with users
- You’re comfortable working in an early stage team and can navigate low-information environments
- Ability to work closely with engineers to ensure your work is implemented perfectly
- You’re comfortable using Figma as the primary design tool
- A strong portfolio showcasing your problem-solving skills and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio with an explanation of your creative process on each design (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role.
Bonus points for:
- Skills in 3D, Illustration, or Animation.
- Experience working to hit KPI’s through design changes
- Track record of projects completed on time – you are a self-starter & an executor, who is results-oriented.
- You’re fun to work with! We are a very diverse and friendly team that prioritizes building relationships and unlocking everyone’s full potential.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online