Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager (Digital Transformation)
Job Number: 1476699
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 25-50 %
Profession: Consulting Services
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Work site: Up to 50% work from home
- Are you excited about creating innovative technology solutions and taking responsibility for complex, multimillion dollar projects?
- As organizations digitally transform their business and operating models, they look to us to provide them with the guidance and partnership that will help them achieve this change successfully and at pace.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your project management skills and experience as you build relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders, managing a range of projects that vary in terms of budget and size, and collaborating with teams located in multiple locations and time zones.
- Working in an environment that empowers you to bring your best each day, you will grow professionally and personally as part of a team that care passionately for great customer outcomes, and who strive to improve the overall customer and partner experience.
As a Project Manager at Microsoft, some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with senior internal and external stakeholders (e.g., Chief Executive-level executives) as a peer, providing subject matter expertise
- Managing projects and delivery performance, focusing on customer satisfaction, tangible outcomes and high quality.
- Managing multiple programs and projects end-to-end using the appropriate project management framework and methodology.
- Participating in the pre-sales process and being able to articulate the business value proposition associated with the project or change
- Guiding cross-team and third-party partnerships – influencing without authority and using the power of diverse teams.
- Applying project management standards, compliance and best practices to ensure successful delivery of projects on scope, on schedule and on budget.
- Being on top of any commercial aspects of your project or program, driving financial integrity.
- Mentoring other team members as you share your knowledge and experience.
- Researching and proactively sharing intellectual property (IP) and providing recommendations for improving how we operate.
To position you for a successful career with us and enable you to have an impact on your colleagues and our customers, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in relevant subject or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience managing mid- to large-scale technology programs or projects, preferably at international scale
- Core project management skills, including financial management, planning, scheduling, reporting, resource management, senior stakeholder communications, and risk management
- Professional presentation skills with experience of regularly presenting a variety of different audiences including those at a C-suite level.
- PMP Certification or equivalent project management experience.
- Experience managing technology related projects in either: infrastructure, cloud, security, Office365, or Productivity solution implementations is essential.
- A background in the Telecommunications industry (Desirable)
- This role will include some national and international travel from time-to-time in line with customer needs.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.