Jhpiego’s mission is to develop innovative, evidence-based solutions to improve the quality of health care for women and their families. The organization works in partnership with governments, health care providers, and other stakeholders to build the capacity of local health systems and ensure that they are able to provide high-quality, sustainable health care services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Specialist
Job ID: 2023-4991
Category: International Positions
Employment Status: Full-Time
- With the leadership and supervision of the State team lead and Project director, the Senior Program Specialist will provide technical assistance to Government of Nigeria in the coordination, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the quality improvement project in Jigawa state.
- The SPS will contribute to GoN strategy development, coordination, accountability and compliance with donor and organizational policies and guidelines.
- This includes development of work plans, liaising and maintaining strong collaboration and engagement with Ministry staff and relevant agencies, donors and partners regarding implementation and program management.
- Provide TA in the coordinate of all aspects of program planning, budget and work plan development and provide ongoing monitoring of activity progress against the workplan.
- Ensure that implementation is in line with contractual terms of reference, scope, budget and quality parameters and that payments are made based on achieved and reported milestones.
- Assist the technical teams in the design, implementation, monitoring and assessment of activities cross project locations.
- Develop timely, high-quality and result-based reports, annual work plans, project monitoring tracking matrices, target implementation plan and relevant project narratives and updates as required.
- Work closely with Jhpiego technical and program staff to ensure quality implementation of programs and monitor country level spending
- Assist in the development of new program approaches that are linked to related services
- Work with finance team to monitor expenditures, ensure overall alignment with work plan budget and advise on any necessary adjustments.
- Build and maintain meaningful working relationships with both government and key program stakeholders at all levels in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher project visibility.
- Coordinate Quality improvement and capacity development efforts in the State, LGA and health facilities
- Assist in identifying, analyzing and disseminating best practices in the project through the identification of project learning sites and technical support to the program.
- Remain informed on the current programs in the HIV/AIDS, TB, COVID19 and malaria fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities.
- Ensure that Jhpiego and Governement delivers on all its promises to donors and other stakeholders (achieve set targets, deliver quality services) – Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to improve program efficiencies
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of QI activities to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals
- Coordinate Knowledge management, communication, documentation and scientific content development such as Manuscript, abstract, success stories and articles for publication
- Guide and support the government in establishing sound management system to ensure cohesive implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to GF requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Sociology, or related health, medical, or social science discipline; masters-level degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working on Global fund programs and strong experience providing technical assistance to government of Nigeria
- 6-7 years’ experience with international development program , operational and technical expertise with a preference in Quality improvement program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Quality improvement programs for HIV, TB, Malaria and COVID19
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- References will be required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online