Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Support the strategic procurement of goods and services, supplier sourcing and logistics/supply chain requirements for programme implementation in Nigeria.
- This will include providing monitoring and managing Malaria Consortium’s procurement processes at country level with strict compliance to the procurement policy, value for money and management processes.
- Job will also involve contract management, supplier performance evaluation and procurement risk management.
Scope of Work
- The Senior Procurement Officer will support the programme procurement plan development and implementation.
- The Job holder will coordinate all threshold assigned procurement in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy. This will include providing the analysis for all MC agreements and will monitor their implementation.
Key Working Relationships:
- The Senior Procurement Officer will report to the Procurement Manager and will work closely with the Country Operations Manager, Zonal admin Manager, Program leads, Logistics officer and all staff to provide them procurement support function.
- The Senior Procurement officer will provide technical oversight on State Admin Officers procurement functions.
- Coordinate procurement in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy, ensuring that all documentation is completed, correctly approved and filed appropriately for future reference.
- Maintain a record of the status of all procurements, which will be shared weekly with all relevant staff so that they can plan for their arrival.
- Process all related payments for procurements made within the specified timeline per MC agreements while ensuring documentation is complete and uploaded on SharePoint as at when due.
- Upload and track all documentation related to MC Procurement processes on SharePoint and secure in line with Data protection policy requirements.
- Support and coordinate the Country Procurement Review Committee (PRC) meeting per Malaria consortium Procurement Policy guidelines.
- Serve as procurement covers to state admin officers on all procurement actions within the threshold.
- Submit monthly reports on procurement management and procurement trackers detailing all procurement actions and timelines carried out every month.
Operations planning (15%):
- Collaborate with the Procurement Manager to ensure effective and efficient workflow of procurement processes in country related to contract monitoring, supply chain planning, proper asset registrations and logistics planning
- Support the programme and project managers to develop, implement and review their programme / project procurement plans on a regular basis (at least quarterly) to ensure that all procurement is being planned to allow for on-time delivery at value for money following compliant processes.
- Conduct regular price list surveys in Abuja for all regularly sourced supplies and services.
- Conduct an annual market survey for regularly sourced supplies to ensure Malaria Consortium is considering all qualified suppliers in the market for regularly required items.
- Any additional tasks delegated and assigned by operations lead related to job role.
Strategic Supplier Agreements (25%):
- Maintain a database of all registered suppliers, pre-qualified suppliers and Contract agreements in a secure manner.
- Carry out routine risk assessments for supplier engagement and contracting
- Provide the analysis for and set up active Framework Agreements and creation of Preferred Suppliers based on the Country Procurement Plan, following the processes defined in the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy, including for fuel, security, IT support, generator maintenance, vehicle maintenance, stationery, hotels, taxi firms, rental vehicles, event locations for conferences/workshops/seminars, printing material, etc.
- Track all procurements against all strategic supplier agreements and provide monthly reports to the Procurement Manager on total expenditure to date per agreement, supplier performance and issues and recommendations for the coming year
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or similar qualification in Procurement or related field.
- At least 4 years experience working in an operations related role specifically in procurement.
- Proven writing skills in English.
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with staff in other locations.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Facilitation and coordination skills.
- Sector awareness related to procurement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Analytical skills.
- Is committed to the mission of Malaria Consortium and its values.
- Good coordination skills.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2022 at 23:59 BST.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date.
- Early applications are encouraged.
- We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding.