Terawork – Our client, a Tech Company, is seeking a competent and qualified professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Network Engineer is responsible for Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing network infrastructure.
- Monitoring network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Maintaining computer networks including mainframes, VPNs, routers and other physical hardware
- Installing and configuring network equipment
- Creating firewalls and updating virus protection software and data security systems to keep data and communications protected
- Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for all systems
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and communicating networking issues to other employees and management.
- Monitor Network security status, monitor Application and Response System (CSMARS) and other security monitoring tool.
- Manage remote connections (VPN management).
- Monitor and enforce compliance with network security policies bank wide.
- Carry out all suggested response actions to threats upon detection of a security breach or network attack.
- Ensure proper functioning of all Security Devices (Checkpoints, ASA, PIX Firewall, IPS, Routers).
- Review logs of Security devices (Checkpoints, IPS, ACS,ASA,PIX Firewall).
- Coordinate the regular changing network devices passwords.
- Carry out network security audit, periodic vulnerability assessment and network penetration,
- Testing (ethical hacking) using tools such as Qualys guard and NMAP.
- Generate and send Network Security Reports (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Research and suggest improvement initiatives with regards to Network Security.
- Lockdown of all network devices and new equipment rsquo;s before deployment.
- Configuration of Network Security features for new branches equipment (IP Sec site-site VPN, Identity Based Network Service (IBNS), Port Security, SNMP V3, etc.).
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related courses from a renowned tertiary institution
- Must be CCNP Certified
- 4 – 6 years experience as Network Engineer or Network Security Engineer.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online