MTN is a leading telecommunications company, providing cutting edge services in Africa. We are recruiting to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Network as a Service, Enterprise Business
Job Identification: 1902
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3H
Reports To: General Manager Business Development
Division: Enterprise Business
- Develop and operationalize the long-term strategy for the NaaS function, ensuring all activities undertaken in the unit are aligned to the successful delivery of the business strategy.
- Identify and implement improvements to systems and processes to maximize revenue and optimize costs across the NaaS portfolio, including national roaming and MVNO products.
- Develop and execute strategic marketing plan and programs to achieve set targets for profitability, revenue, value and market share, retention churn, etc. (short-term and long-term).
- Ensure that operational targets are aligned to business strategy and that long term (1-2 years) implications of actions have been considered in terms of viability of the business from a broad perspective.
- Develop expertise regarding the global carrier marketplace and the economic impact of carrier initiatives to ensure MTNN is aligned to industry best practice.
- Consider the impact of solutions on other areas of the business, as well as on the interdependency of units.
- Drive best practice, continuous improvement and innovation at process and procedure level within the Carrier Services function.
- Construct, implement and fine-tune methods, processes, policies and systems to enhance effectiveness and meet organizational goals.
- Set objectives and targets for Carrier Services team in alignment with business strategy, considering the long term (1-2 years) implications of actions from a broader perspective.
- Implement actions and plans to ensure fulfilment of the Carrier Services objectives, liaising with relevant areas of the business and internal and external stakeholders involved when necessary, to ensure delivery of required solutions, customer experience and SLAs. Initiate corrective actions where applicable.
- Liaise with Strategy and Business Departments to define targets, provide input and discuss all carrier services issues with the business plan.
- Participate in negotiation of Interconnect, Facilities Leading and other wholesale contracts to ensure compliance with business strategic objectives.
- Manage and resolve all competition complaint issues.
- Liaise with Strategy and Business Development to receive mid- to long-term business ambitions in terms of carrier field and to receive business plan impact analysis of regulatory economic issues.
- Represent MTN at relevant forums and conferences.
- Identify and analyze new and emerging trends and understand their impact on needs for the future.
- Develop long-term forecasts and predictions (2-5 years).
- Identify, analyze and facilitate business growth through alliances and association marketing approaches.
- Lead and facilitate the discussion and negotiation of strategic issues with the senior leadership team across the organization and provide high-level strategic advice and guidance that relates to the business.
- Lead the NaaS team, ensuring all team members are acting in accordance with the strategy, and are motivated to succeed.
- Coach and train direct reports to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- First Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or any relevant discipline
- Master’s in Business Administration is advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- 9 – 17 years’ experience which includes:
- Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/industry
- Minimum of 5 years proven track record in B2B sales environment, planning, execution and leading new business strategies
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience in business case & strategy development and implementation
- Relevant experience in Business Development.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2023 (11:59PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online