About NERC: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission – NERC is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Market Analysis and Competition
Division: Markets Competition and Rates
- Monitor and analyse periodic market reports daily, weekly and monthly, as may be submitted by the Commission’s licensees – TCN, NCC, MO, NBET, DisCos and GenCos.
- Monitor and analyse policies impacting on the Nigerian Electricity Market (NEM).
- Review Licensees’ compliance to the Commercial terms of their License Terms and Obligations.
- Prepare draft papers on commercial and economic issues related to the electricity market as may be requested from time to time for the presentation to the Commission and the Government.
- Contribute towards the presentation of the quarterly report of the NEM and the Annual reports on the state of completion of the market.
- Review and analyse requests by Distribution licensees on issues impacting on their compliance to existing regulations and request for derogations on implementing the directives of the Commission.
- Undertake studies to assess the effectiveness and appropriateness of regulatory and non-regulatory instruments in achieving policy objectives/directives that may be issued by the government.
Minimum Qualification s/ Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant professional qualifications in any of the following disciplines – Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Management or Administration, Finance or Accountancy – with a minimum of second class upper (2:1) or an equivalent grade.
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree with a second class lower (2:2) in any of the disciplines listed above require a relevant non-executive Masters degree from a reputable tertiary institution obtained.
- B.Sc in any of the fields mentioned with an M.Sc Energy Economics, M.Sc Econometrics, M.A. Economics, M.A. Utility Regulation, M.Sc Economics, LLM Energy Finance, M.Sc Statistics, and M.Sc Computer Science.
- Minimum of 12 years experience inclusive of NYSC.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Tariff setting as well as working and building financial or economic models.
- Relevant working experience obtained in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI), an academic institution, a Nigerian or foreign financial, commercial, industrial or regulatory institution with demonstrable understanding of the electricity sector will an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.